Grim Dawn Version 1.1.6.0

wishing for a complete “overhaul of bleeding skills”… the most lackluster looking cluster of skills of all time. If this is done, Grim Dawn would finally be able to live up to its “name”. :sunglasses:

Also hoping u never forget the overhaul of devotion skills and item skill procs particularly when full general damage conversion is achieved.

Monster Totems are one of the best concepts you guys have come up with to date. :grim_dawn:

I say this as my main play style is campaign and I find all my items or craft them in this mode.

I am not a great fan of never ending waves of enemies like Crucible or Shattered Realm.
This is not just in Grim Dawn, as every game where I have encountered this mode, I have had a look to see what was going on and then that was that!, back to the main theme …

I find those modes extremely boring and repetitive, but at the same time I appreciate that there are a lot of players out there that enjoy this arena style of play. Grim Dawn is a rare entity that can cater for the needs of BOTH casual and serious RPG players as well as arena or campaign paths to develop your character builds.

The problem us Campaigners had for a long time was that even though grinding for gear was hard and frustrating with the RNG aspect, playing Crucible or SR did not appeal to us as a solution as we are more interested in the way that our character develops and matches the challenges of the story line and enjoy that levelling playstyle as opposed to just sitting in a never ending dungeon where the attraction is lucrative loot drops.

Monster Totems has now given us Campaigners a great way to still play our style, but now benefit from the Crucible and SR loot drops in that we come across Monster Totems that spawn a nice challenge with great XP rewards and loot.

Every quest character of mine now is mindfully watching the map for the appearance of these Monster Tome icons and it has really opened up the campaign farming mode as I now don’t have to worry about thinking - “Should I run SR for a few levels to try and get good stuff” - NAH, stay true to game and the Monster Totems will provide?

3 Likes

Wait, can Monster Totems spawn a random Nemesis?

I have to agree, again, as it has been a week and my only complaint was about getting flashbacks of the previous patch notes! (And the nerf of my poor poor saboteur)

While normal SR still has it’s uses (Nemesis MIs in bulk, but as I reach nemesis status I’ll see how my farming runs will bowl into them), doing a totem run is extremely fun if one plays a campaign oriented build (with movement skills in at least one mastery.)

There is a lack of my favorite totem type however: Voidtouched totem. Only one ancient outside BoC, only one totem total in Depraved Sanctuary (Can’t you put a forsaken on the way there and another in the sanctuary proper? Plus one in wightmire), plus one in necropolis gates and one in necro interior. Blood Grove ones are a little too spread out to be interesting.

2 Likes

I don’t know (don’t play SR), but MT spawn some very tough and numerous monsters.

In campaign mode once we have the “NEMESIS” status for a faction we know where to go start looking for that target, and now the beauty is that on the way we can come across these new Monster Totems.

:grinning:

Does anyone know if this was supposed to be for both mythical and non-mythical versions of the set? My copy of the Mythical set is still showing 15% of retaliation damage being added to Savagery

edit: Saw a separate thread on this and for anyone that catches it here, Zantai has said it’ll be corrected in 1.1.6.1. Thanks!

It’s a bug that will be fixed in 1.1.6.1

There need fixed.Affect every soldier.Death knight,Witch blade,Warlord.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoBGOkV

——————

Some constructs, such as Ray, increase attack power to a high level of damage because of the marginal effect.
But such a setting is not normal.No stun resistance…not enough damage resistance, no blessing buff will be as fragile as glass.It can only exist in a crucible.
v1.1.2.0 crucible170 4:30~5:30
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jylylN

Set to a balanced state, because of the marginal income, the choice between attack and defense, there will not be too strong power.
v1.1.2.0 crucible170 5:30~6:30 ,170ex 6:30~7:30
now 1.1.6.0 crucible170ex 7:30~8:30
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkJPj6Z

Now AAR spellbinder’s defense is not only fragile, but also has no outstanding damage level.
It’s still usable, it’s not bad, it just feels like its damage level doesn’t match its fragile defense.

The same examples are Wind Devil Druid , Rundebinder , Cyclone Archon…

Now the physical damage of monsters is very high, and almost all the building players have to seek physical resistance and armor.
OA is also very high.

Seal of might,Ravager’s Eye(da).Reduced target’s damage.
Most builds need to give up some damage levels and use these items.Spell builds are easy to kill with a single hit, while shield builds don’t care.
Even Justice, which used to be a classic heavy armor, now has the feeling of “paper shell”.
The role of physical resistance is becoming more and more prominent, not only because of SR.
Crucible 170ex and sr76 alone, without enough physical resistance and Reduced target’s damge support defense, are also prone to sudden death.

At present, there are a lot of performance in SR is one-to-one, and a large number of buffs are opened in the crucible, which can not fully explain whether the current mainstream construction has enough defense ability.
I don’t know whether the damage level of monsters needs to be improved. I think it’s on the high side at present, so many constructions have to give up the damage level and choose Seal of might,Ravager’s Eye(da). and other items.
Except for the shield class.
——————

Kuba,grava’thul
Maybe it can reduce the resistance of both of them.Lower it a little.

Both of them have special abilities, which can significantly reduce the attack efficiency of players.
Kuba has a rapid recovery ability.
Thul has continuous Fumble Attack \ Reduced target’s Damage debuff.

The former results in Vitality & ice construction having to pursue extreme damage, otherwise it is difficult to defeat Kuba.

Thul itself is very restrained in the construction of melee, especially in the construction of melee with attack and bloodsucking as the main means of recovery.
Almost all melee attack bloodsucking constructs encounter it with a headache, unless your damage level is particularly exaggerated.
Because it has 94% Lightning and fire resistance, the melee build of these two attributes will be double restrained.
All of these forces the ice, fire, light, vitality types to pursue extreme damage levels.Or don’t build a melee.

Excelente, como encuentro el enlace. Gracias

No hay enlace de descarga. El juego se actualiza automáticamente desde Steam o GOG.

1 Like