Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.0

Ok, and now?

Honestly, a caster build facetanking Callagadra sounded very problematic and I can’t wait to see some players moving the goalpost towards facetanking Crate of Entertainment as the new parameter to determine if a build is ok. In the meantime, Crucible average cleartime will probably keep losing minutes until everything that can’t speedlight slash through all enemies in 2 seconds like some anime is considered trash.

6 Likes

???
/10char

It is not so long ago when everything sub 6 min was nerfed. What happend?

1 Like

Thank you for the update.
BTW, I’ve reassembled my old DW renged tactician, could you consider adding a +skill to somewhere in the item to bring the Conviction to 22?

The Arkovian Collosseum would make a great single boss shattered realm map.

4 Likes

Few things. Most important change is monster aggro fix, which allow you to concentrate on efficient way of killing the mobs, instead of chasing them across the screen. That change alone shaves plenty of time.

Also there was time decrease when players started to use beacons instead of banner. Even with nerfs to Stormcaller beacon it allows you more fluid targeting and deals damage to trash, applying small amounts of flat RR as well.

Also there have been multiple buffs and new items, which allows more diversity. And finally people became better at making the builds.

So that leads to a situation where all class combos have at least one build that can do sub 6 on average in Crucible, which is great. But that shows you why you can’t nerf all builds that are sub-6 in Crucible.

2 Likes

I think that was request for current patch crucible recording.

1 Like

I still dont understand why i get to see on every patch release complains about certain builds being fast or whatever in crucible from peeps i didnt see a single run video from. I mean man. That fast run video doesnt even reflect the reality regarding that certain build. It’s just 1 run out of tens or hundreds of runs. NOT TO MENTION NOT EVERYBODY CAN OBTAIN THOSE TIMES. I mean sure, the build matters, but piloting matters just as much or even more. Stop crying pls.

12 Likes

If it was a reply to me then I just asked what happend. I don’t really care if you have sub 1 min builds.

1 Like

It amuses me to see you stepped forward on this, but no, it wasn’t specifically addressed to you Duchy. Not everyone loves you.

Wow, I would have never guessed that :smiley:

But isn’t that a smart thing to do?

You devise a build, you record your run, you share it.

Build gets nerfed. You get nothing in return :sweat_smile:

Well yeah, anyone looking at that patch notes could tell you that it’s worse - but they need to see just how much worse it is in terms of how fast it clears Crucible, pushes SR and how it actually feels now. You guys aren’t getting this.

None of us know how Wildblood performs in 1.1.8 until someone actually has played and said it. There’s no point dwelling on what it could do in 1.1.7.2 unless you’re comparing it to it’s performance in 1.1.8 to show how big a change it has received. This is what Crate needs to see.

This is fine but if you can try it again in the newest update so we can compare performances between last patch and this patch, that’ll allow us to see how much it has been nerfed, this is exactly what I mean.

I never agreed with the grounds based on which builds are nerfed in the first place. An OP build is the one that gives great results (damage, tankiness, versatility etc.) to a mediocre player.

4 Likes

Tens if not hundreds of builds have been shared across the forums and a good chunk of them haven’t been nerfed. Hell, there have been buffs for several archetypes here with Eye of Reckoning and some of it’s variants being amongst the most buffed and that’s one of the most popular and posted/recorded skills by far.

2 Likes

I enjoy that seeing a more balanced game without super builds ruling over all is considered no payoff

You forgot

you get to play the theorycrafting game again in trying to circumvent the nerf.

But no one likes admitting they’ve been wrong for years, so it’s understandable.

5 Likes

I never was a fan of the crucible timers
The deal is that build has lost much more - not only the damage, but also the tankiness.
I provide an example with Ravager - it can’t now handle even the first phase. Someone might say “Haha, lol, can’t facetank Ravager, ok, dead build”. Such people don’t see the real problem behind the example.
Ravager here is an enemy with high physical damage, nothing more. In SR (even 65) some combos have the same (or even higher) DPS as ultimate Ravager. Moreovere, Ravager don’t have CC spells -> you’re free to kite him. About CC res on WB builds I have written already in my previous post.

So, most vitality builds don’t have many layers of defence and good CC res, relying only on high ADCtH to survive.
Whether you like it or not, the vitality gameplay is a facetank or death in most cases.

5 Likes

Ravager is one of my favorite benchmarks for my builds. He’s pure, raw physical DPS (mostly) with some magical attacks here and there - and easily accessable right away, no need to beat levels or waste resources. If a build can’t scratch Ravager, it’s very likely also incapable of completing SR80 and going through Crucible 170 without doing some stunts. A build that can actually kill Ravager has can still be brutalized by some SR70+ bosses, like Rashalga. Hell, IIRC Rashalga on SR60 does around 500k already with her burst whereas Ultimate Enraged Ravager can at best crit you two times in quick succesion for around 150-200k.

OFC Rashalga was never meant to be facetanked without Overguard (and on high SR - probably wasn’t meant to be facetanked at all), but it’s just to illustrate that Celestials, even though powerful, are not the top of what you can encounter, damage wise.

Wildblood also can’t even scratch Crate of Entertainment, IIRC. The AOE nature of vines would mean multiplying crates rapidly and the -70% damage debuff applied by crate’s auto attack means you are overwhelmed quickly with your DPS (and thus life stealing) reduced vs. a legion of magic-spamming boxes. Even freaking AAR builds can kill Crate with proper skill and gear. Just for comparison, you know.

Wildblood Ritualist was overpowered, but whether he needed that many nerfs is debatable. The “global” vitality nerf hit him hard already.

However, I do admit that devs shaking things up (especially stale metas) are doing the game a favor in the end since it breathes in new life into the gameplay. Whether we like the nerfs or not, and since they also buff things, new opportunities arise. My Warder is not going to be SR100 viable, because pure melee just isn’t viable there, period, but he’s a lot more fun to play. And he’s so. Stupidly. Durable. Love it.