Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.0

They got a 13% RR nerf at the former “sweet spot” 10/16 and 10% RR nerf at 13+/16, a big nerf indeed.

1 Like

I find it curious, because they are probably the worst way to apply RR on mobs when compared to other sources, in terms of pure QoL. Censure is passive, Raging tempest is sort of passive too because it’s part of WD which have to be kept up and automatically chase mobs, Vulnerability is istantly applied on a large area with a 10/10 CoF… thermites have to be cast under targets, they are static on ground and have low radius.

3 Likes

Yea which used to be compensated by them having a higher RR value.

1 Like

Didn’t notice that. Don’t like it.

1 Like

And it made sense, imho.

1.1.8.0 softcap values are 30 RR for Raging Tempest, 25 RR for Censure, 25 RR for Vulnerability and 30 RR for Thermite mines.

1 Like

I find Rahvan’s Crown the worst myself. It’s so unwieldy I don’t even use it on any build anymore… Mines aren’t my favorite either.

Out of Order…

Rhowan’s crown (elemental storm) is a devotion skill, not a mastery one, and it brings a different kind of RR to the table btw.

1 Like

GT shows the flat damage to Aura of Censure, while in game is multiplied by your %elemental damage bonus, so the value looks much bigger.

What kind of details are needed there though? It’s not like there were some mechanical changes - it still plays the same but worse, due to overall number reduction.

I was running wildblood Conjurer. Somewhat unoptimized, because I liked him geared more towards bleeding damage. Never considered him that powerful - jumpy lifesteal, no defense skills, no circuit breakers. Nothing stellar. Not even close to my Trozan druid, or, for closer examples, Morgoneth vit reaper.

This patch the poor guy suffered:
Wildblood nerf.
Bloodknight’s pendant nerf.
Will of Rattosh nerf.
Mark of Wendigo nerf.

I still managed to clear SR 75-76 with him. I didn’t manage to do so in time, because survivability - unreliable at best times - notably went down. Damage too. There’s really not much to say - it was a numbers nerf which results in numbers decreases. Who the hell considered DoT casters OP when shit like Belgo blademasters exists is beyond me.

Edit: OK, second run went within the time. Might have been due to bad mutators and Gargabol in the first run. Still.

unexpected, great surpsise! appreciate the long ongoing support aftersales!
thats what i call customer binding.

I do accept that my build is inferior - mostly for thematic reasons. Still, there’s not much to be improved with it beyond number buffs. It’s still squishy. It still lacks burst. I brought up Belgo because it actually has, among other perks, reliable lifesteal that doesn’t depend on devotions going up or down. Pretty much any AA build does nowadays anyway.

There was exactly one thing going for Wildblood build in Conjurer variant (can’t speak of others) - AOE clearing. That indeed was superb, and resulted in unbreakable lifesteal returns. I assume that’s what “recorded performance” goes for in this case - Crucible clears? Because in boss gauntlets it’s much, much worse. And if there was really a problem with vines stacking - maybe it was time to review said stacking instead.

All summoned pets are now unsummoned if equipment affecting their skill level is removed. Previously, this only affected invincible player-scaling pets (ex. Blade Spirits).

no more 2. skillslot switching for +4 to cast pet … wave byebye strong pet
this sucks :wink:

yo this is really awesome but small change.

It should still be reduced by 5% like everything else because of the lower enemy resistances. So it should be 35% instead of current 30% at softcap.

2 Likes

Agreed, that’s what I wanted to point out in my first post.

1 Like

I remember this moment. It was fun to watch :joy:

It always seemed to me that +Lethal Assault points were easy to accumulate, so I also wonder if more tweaking may be warranted to offset the loss of this “free” OA.

In the end, I think I agree with the principle of making Scales “slower” (i.e. loss of RR). Anyone have the new numbers on the reduced damage?-- I haven’t got around to patching/playing just yet. I hope it’s not too drastic, as I don’t like the idea of erasing a substantial chunk of leech at the same time.

More broadly speaking, though, I’m a little worried that the flat RR constellations are hard to balance. The fact that they’re more or less mandatory (flat RR from items aside) in conjunction with the awkard situation manticore seems to be in (lack of general-purpose stat nodes+arguably less desirable affinity context than the other two) means that you’re already down to a question of scales vs revenant (and implicitly your pick of ghoul and/or bat if you’d like). That’s not to say that manticore is necessarily in a bad spot-- it may just be in a niche spot. In any case, if this patch happens to have overshoot the right numbers for the nerf on scales,will revenant be seen as overtuned (again) because it becomes trendy again?

Does anyone know what -%armor the new bear constellation scales up to? I see that lvl 1 bear has -10% armor. What is the max?

None of my characters have taken bear, so I can’t tell! :crazy_face:

Have only gotten it up to 11/20, but it looks like it gains 1% per level, so its should cap out at 30.