Grim Dawn Version 1.1.8.1 Hotfix 1

I see. In that case, I’d rather they revert some of the buffs it received that pushed it over the top than do it like this.

Well, they can’t really do that for the ones I mentioned in 1.1.8.0 as:

• It involves the resist reduction mastery and enemy resistance changes. As all of Ghol’s RR is tied to it’s skill modifiers, Ritualists gained a bit with the 5% resistance loss on enemies. Occultist variants lose out on 5% in Vulnerability but they break even for the same reason.

• The addition of Nightshard as an option enables another 15% or 25% Acid RR.

Nightshard’s RR can’t really be swapped as it will impact other non-pet-based builds that use it. I suppose the better way to nerf it then if it requires one would just be a bog-standard lowering of base damage or RR numbers on the set itself instead of something that effects it’s playstyle.

I do agree with the notion behind the change though of giving Rotmender’s Crest something defining as a side grade to it as I have almost never seen it used nor considered using it as Ghol’s full set is just the de facto standard for Acid pets. Maybe Rotdrinker would be used before you find Ghol’s Mark for a self-found player but that’s still a fringe case.

3 Likes

Nice patch, btw Z can you buff some armor/physical res to Rimetongue set (the buff to Horn of Gandarr is great), for example this build only has 11% and 1k9 armor. And its never a top tier (squishy, cant kill celestial v.v…v)
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28m3M7V

1 Like

I had no idea that a change like this was even in the works. Considering that the Serpent helmet was practically the 5th part of the set, I could see why this change was made, but without there being other Blight Fiend-centric items, there will be a bit of a shake-up in terms of what to provide a Ghol’s build. It’s always possible that one can use the Ghol’s set with the permanent Blight Fiend and not have to worry about having little CDR; since Ritualists have to worry about keeping the Briarthorns alive to get the player’s Physical Resistance up to par, it wouldn’t be that much of a shift to go from full offensive to a little more defensive.

…the ursurpers do not even dare to throw their feces.

7 Likes

Dervish also wins for phys RF.

That build’s strength doesn’t come from RF and has a very unique style that one can be cautious while call it an melee AA build. And yes RF has better physical support than fire.

1 Like

very true, nevertheless, best phys RF is dervish. Banana made one similar to mine but AA oriented.
Oppressor is also really good, but a bit slower.

1 Like

I think RF bonusses could be improved if devs swap %Fire and %Burn multiplier with the last line, Retribition; so Burn focused builds can invest Retribition like Trauma focused builds.

I theorycrafted an DW Vitality Oppressor that haven’t tried yet, looks promising but requires certain MI’s which are hard to get without GDstash https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NK1eeJV

But the problem is there is no proper melee vitality gloves and why the hell Revenant is a caster helm?

i meant phys oppressor:

(changed DR axe for single rare, but haven’t tried it in CR yet)
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbmDDk2

i doubt that vitality one will work fine.

1 Like

Oh, never seen that build.

The reasoning for the Ghol change aside, I noticed that if I wanted to stick with the acid temporary BF’s, the conversion on the Ghol medal is no longer available. Now I think there is only one other item that has vitality to acid conversion to pets.

@Maya would know if I was right or wrong.

So if right, we are requesting that some other options be given for vit to acid conversion for BF or universal.

Thank you.

Why not Omen binded Maul(haven’t tried the new version yet so not sure how it will work out), RF Assassin’s Mark, GoE Blind Fury. Certainly make the build tankier and saves some skill points. GoE should proc Blind Fury faster than RF with that OA. Only downside is AM is now single target.

because due to omen’s confusion effect it becomes really clunky to play in cruci.

they wont. theirs AS is terrible. 1 attack in 1.3 second, if i’m not mistaken.

Yes but they’re two. With 1 sec CD, they should proc more often even with lower speed. Without a cooldowned proc you’re right ofc.

Hmm, reasonable.

I would say this is a minor setback compared to the loss of the 4pc Ghol bonus. If you look over the Blight Fiend’s stats, the only source of Vitality damage is on Blight Burst. Its other attacks are all Acid/Poison or Physical (which you can convert with the Scorpius Pummelers). The loss of the additional BF, additional granted summon and its associated acid RR seems way more painful to me. That’s something a different source of Vit-to-Acid conversion won’t fix.

I think a cool way to rebalance Ghol BF spam without necessarily breaking up the Ghol set by forcing the CDR onto a Medal instead of the helmet would be to just add a -% total damage onto the Unstable Anomaly transmuter. Normal BF users would be unaffected and the spam wouldn’t be as strong if that was the reason behind the nerf.

I tested it once and I’ve tested it now and it’s 7 attacks per 6 seconds or rather 1.16 attacks / s
so slightly faster than once per second.

Their combined number of attacks per second is ~ 2.32 which is lower than the character APS so they proc worse.

[edit] I think you meant that if their APS was lower then 1 they would not “waste” their attacks while the 1s proc is on cooldown in contrast to the main character. I doubt this effect would be enough to give them advantage (with main character having more than 3 attacks per second) but it doesn’t apply here (the next attack of Guardian after proccing is while the 1s devo proc is still on cooldown because they attack slightly faster than once per second which is like the worst possible scenario for them).

For me GoE are only good if you have 4 of them. Then I may even bind Eldritch Fire / Rumor to them (because it also spreads).

You are forgeting that they have cleave with 5 targets maximum. Which each target being hit has a seperate chance of proccing and in crowded situations they probably proc with every hit. It’s even better with chance on attack procs rather than chance on crit but again it should be enough to proc more often If you’re using a single target skill like RF.

1 Like

Personally don’t care about the nerf or perceived nerf. It is what it is. On a side note my PB build(s) got nerfed into the floor (non pierce and unorthodox) and I didn’t see a point, regardless of how much evidence I have, to come to the forums to get it changed. I shelved them and moved on. I looked at reviving it this weekend. Still looks terrible, even on paper, but was still gonna try since there were some buffs that affected it. When time permits.

Also, I pointed out “universal” conversion too as a possibility and not just to BF. Poison reap spirit and the like.

I already know the point of view that too much conversion can be an issue but it didn’t hurt to ask. If no, no…I get it.

Phantasmal blades? Sorry just wondering cause i just remade my harra pblades breaker the other day and its so good