Grim Dawn Version 1.1.9.2

Did it with Korba. 0,5s Cooldown. AoE is amazing ofc. I´m also quite satisfied with SingleTarget. Tested up to SR70 so far:

1 Like

I forgot about this although a bit I also need a caster.

I thought about a standard Pierce build like that, here’s a very quick sketch: Infiltrator, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.2) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

Pretty sure most like the power creep.

This is Aether Foi but beginner version but I think endgame is also there in the thread somewhere.

PSA for RoS Korba: prepare to become deaf because of all the RoS usage. :scorv:

You’ll need 2 blessed wheatstones and even 2x sinister if you want to have all physical converted to pierce. Bugged me quite a lot.

1 Like

Not so bad.
With many heroes even freeze-lock is possible this way.
Some other heroes, immune to freeze, can have a stun-lock instead. Quite fun.

I meant budget steups. I’ve tooled and ran number calcs on Korba and I’m aware Ring of Steel on it can satisfy enough single target with massive globs of Cold flat and the extra 125% (155% with the Unchained Gloves) weapon damage to Ring of Steel.

Like I say, damage just don’t look good on the surface :frowning:. If we assume the main hand hits for avg. 15000 Pierce damage and Ring of Steel is hardcapped with around 2000% Piercing damage and 700% from Cunning, that’s in the ball park of about 60-70k damage per use. Converting it to per second because the cd is lowered to 0.8s, it comes to 80-90k for estimated damage (I’d expect sheet DPS to be a bit higher with background damage and the Bleed on Circle of Slaughter factoring in).

But all of that is just assumptions on my part, for all I know it’s not bad as a number of builders know that sometimes, something weak on paper turns out better than expected in practice.

God this thread has gone off topic. :crazy_face:

I came looking for meme ideas to make more shitty gameplay videos from, but none of these are memes.

Guess I gotta keep spinning.

1 Like

Well, there are also those conduit prefixes that I have not seen anyone use yet, such as this one that turns Trozan’s Sky Shard into acid. Acid rain build, anyone?

Also, any number of builds involving the newly buffed Putrid Necklace. Poison Panetti, poison Callidor, etc.

Although, I made a vitality Panetti build based on one of those Conduit prefixes and it’s pretty terrible, so I wouldn’t expect poison Panetti to be much better :stuck_out_tongue:

There have been 2 such builds on the forum I think. One hybrid with Shadow Strike and another one Templar

DeputyChuck and I theorycrafted Acid Panetti Warlock once

Acid PRM Warlock (no augments and components)

I have 2 Vit PRM theorycrafts

1 is max dps for Crucible and the other one more standard
As you can see I tried to include a lot of (converted to Vit) damage sources, not just PRM, in the first one.

Spellbinder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.1) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
Spellbinder, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

2 Likes

Oh have there? Nice- I stand corrected, I was just going off the Build Compendium :smiley:

Adding Ravenous Earth feels like a great call, probably the big thing missing in my build. I had those points in Soul Harvest for the +vit damage. But RE would probably be worth a lot more as extra DPS.

I was exaggerating a bit with ‘terrible,’ my version can clear SR65-66 fine, though that’s not really the highest of measuring sticks. I may pick it up again to try with RE, thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Aether Corruption + Haunt adds some damage too although I’m not sure how comfortable it would play.
Btw fan fact - to convert Proliferation fragments that are reflected off main target you need global conversions.
But Proliferation damage to main target gets converted by skill modifiers / conduit.

2 Likes

I had no idea about the conversion thing. :thinking: I assumed the Conduit would just convert it all, but looks like that is wrong. How did you find that out? Through testing I’m guessing?

Yes I tested it to make sure using Grim Internals, it has some features that display damage dealt.
The theory is described here: Secondary Skill Modifiers (Projectile Fragmentation chapter mainly)

Btw I have some PRM Beginner build planned so I’ll actually play the damn skill not only theorycraft for once.

2 Likes

Wowww, the more you know. Saving this link, cheers - ‘Obscure game mechanic,’ indeed.

Getting back on topic of patch notes tho, sorry Medea :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I was thinking of this but with Spellbreaker for Arcanist, mostly Star Pact for CDR. But oh boy, it’s skill point hungry as shit.

Maybe time to add Arcanist support to Korba. :scorv: (even if thematically doesn’t make much sense. Then again, Nightblade support on a set made for a barbarian warrior doesn’t make much sense either.)

1 Like

You gain 0,0s more CD with star pact, cause from 0.5 to 0.4 you would need 20 percent reduction.

While tooltips only display to one decimal place, CD’s are accurate to whatever GD’s refresh rate is - 30 or 60 frames/second (I don’t actually know anymore). Point being, you don’t need the full 20% just to update the tooltip; functionally, any % of CDR would be effectual.

1 Like

In my case the refresh rate is 10
:scorv:

1 Like

But the Acid Melee Necro with Wendigo Barb I mentioned can be a spinner too with the Yugol relic. Isn’t it meme enough?