Grim Dawn Version v1.2.1.0 + Hotfixes

These areas were added to the game in 2020. Been none since.

the tunnel.

Burrwitch Cathedral - Bridge in East Marsh now repaired.

Arkovian Ruin/Broken Hills - north from the Broken Hills riftgate through the ruined tower.

Arkovian Coliseum - Twin Falls riftgate, then head to the area where the roadside scammers are and continue northwest from there.

Arkovian Docks - By Tyrant’s Hold - 3 entrances. A couple just before you head into the Hold, the other just after you enter it.

Sunspire - entrance through the door

Steelcap District - a little way past the lighthouse entrance where it splits into two paths side by side. Where you find some of the Resistance fighting monsters; it’s on the righthand side.

Old Grove

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Will we be getting new areas? Regardless of the new DLC (Which looks amazing)

Thank you. I think some of the Japanese XBOX users have been saved by your postings in this forum.

1 Like

XBOX update is live !

5 Likes

Xbox update: pleased to report that v1.2.1.2 is now up on Xbox as well.

Enjoy and sorry for the delay!

7 Likes

Whilst we have your attention, has any progress been made on presenting a reasonable resolution for Series X users? This game should run fine at 4K native, or 1440p at a minimum. The image softness at 1080p on large TV’s isn’t great. Years back there was talk of needing access to devkits or something. That excuse rings pretty hollow after this much time.

Unironically it took well over a year for us to even get a dev kit from Microsoft. Right now our priority is the expansion’s development.

2 Likes

Nice, then we get 4k enhanced mode with expansion :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Zantai

The Fangs of Asterkarn expansion is coming in 2025 and will be available for purchase on Steam, GoG and the Humble Store

No expansion on xbox?

The expansion will also be available on Xbox.

2 Likes

Obviously you get to choose your priorities. From my perspective, I just won’t buy the expansion unless it actually presents as a modern title on console. Even PoE, long time current gen holdouts have updated their builds today to modern console hardware.

Its a shame because GD is an excellent game. I don’t know how much effort is required to shift to Series based GDK, but the basic requirement of changing to 1440p sounds like an interns afternoons effort. So I can only assume its compiling against GDK to unlock the full hardware potential of series consoles that is the bottleneck, and 1080p was chosen for the back compat mode because performance broke down any higher.

It just seems like a very strange omission and low hanging fruit.

The alternative of course is some grudge is held against MS for their (lack of) support and you somehow think that is more important than your console customers. Or you just don’t particularly rate console users because sales were low or something.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Pet Levelling Discussion

So, a question, did Moosilauke get some sort of buff in this one? He literally one-shots me with his slam or wave attack on ultimate. I checked and he does mostly physical and cold damage, and I have 80 (+22%) cold resistance and 43% physical. So what is going on?

2 Likes

Same. Absolutely whacked me the first encounter the made it to half health on second encounter second form. Mopped the floor with me. Epic all resists at 80 but physical 20 ish. I walked away both times wiping a tear.

I managed to kill him but had to come back after dying, and had to use a life leech potion. My character is a Death Knight using the Blood Knight set, btw, vitality and bleed damage focus with health leech. Kaisan is hard too but as long as I keep hitting him up close and leeching back health I can take him, but Moosilauke can do insane damage in one hit, and also freeze me for a long period that leaves me unable to heal back. I have taken him down by using Bone Harvest then running away, and then dashing in up close when he finished his attack animation. It would not be so annoying, but due to the new Nemesis summon system I am guaranteed to run into him in every session when I fight undead.

What is your freeze res? Possible the crystals freeze you all the time hence you cannot life leach him

Only 12%. Guess I need to replace one ring addon with a Frozen Heart. But my HP goes down from all to almost zero when I get hit by his big wave, or the ice burst, even if I am not frozen. IMHO he should not be doing so much damage, not even if he has debuffs, when I have such a high physical resist.

Got him. Cheesed him with bleed blade trap. Chtonic one got me with that tracer orb. one shot. Had him at 25% health in the rouge dungeon. Here we go again.

Yeah I completely agree with you. I am super grateful and appreciate that they are still working on this game. Lets hope for a Grim Dawn 2 in the future :crossed_fingers:

this hotfixes came to xbox? or my game is not updated? I have 1.2.1.0 now and cannot apply components to spears.