Grim Misadventure #114: A New Thing...

I want this to be a versatile class, will we see the classic poison/bones skills? or it will come with just vampirism crap and summons, hope not.

So Necromancers are automatically hated by Kymon’s Chosen?

My guesses, based on how the masteries lore/looks/functions:

Reaper = Necro + Nightblade
Spellbinder = Necro + Arcanist
Ritualist = Necro + Shaman
Cabalist = Necro + Occultist
Death Knight = Necro + Soldier
Apostate = Necro + Inquisitor
Defiler = Necro + Demolitionist

EDIT: Someone already made a guess list, and his guesses are the same as mine :eek:

Will there be a corpse explosion skill? That always was soo much fun.

This is nice. I’m not really a fan of the Necromancer idea but Crate’s take on it is very interesting. The Inquisitor is just more interesting in every single way, though. It’s new and fresh, not something we see in every class-based RPG. :wink:

interesting…

I like the artwork. The mastery art looks very different from that of the other 7 masteries. More detail, just like the loading screen compared to the mastery wallpapers.

I too grow tired of the necro class and the obsession over it. Having over played the class in Diablo 2 the announcement of the necro in D3 raised no excitement for me. Having said that I’m sure you guys will do the class 100 times better than to losers over at blizzard. Good move to keep your player base by offering what diablo will be. I’m sure I’ll dable with the class mixed with occultist and now I won’t even bother to entertain the necro player pak on d3 out of curiosity as the better game will have it anyway. Good work there!

1. Choose any mastery but necro. And do not choose 2nd mastery.
  2. Get homestead.
  3. Choose kymon as ally.
  4. Level up.
  5. Choose Necro as 2nd mastery.

Well Grim Dawn is a good game, I dislike Necro as well, but I am sure due to this game being solid I will many a time, or countless even, get good use out of its mastery.

Just really hope we start to see how these masteries lay out…

Kymon’s face when I decide to pick my second mastery only after I accept to join his Faction:

Thank you, Crate! I couldn’t be happier right now. Can’t wait to experience your take on such an iconic class!

Hell yeah, I’m glad the rumours were true :smiley:

As to what class combo I’m looking forward to playing, that will have to be a Necromancer/Occultist with a focus on vitality damage, life drain and summons.

I’ve just gotten to the end of Elite with my hardcore retaliation Commando, so I hope the expansion release is going to coincide with me finishing Ultimate with him :wink:

1. Hope that nobody notices when you turn up to work the following day with an army of undead following you around.

You’d probably have to wait until Ultimate with picking Necro as second mastery then, since you have to actively choose everytime.

Ritualist is Inquisitor+Necro. Sorry :wink:

I’m hoping there are some surprises coming up because what’s been shown so far is “generic fantasy necromancer”. Heck, D3’s preview has more interesting powers than this.

-Blade Arc
-Callidor’s Tempest
-ok eating corpses is kinda cool but in gd it’d be about equivalent to shitty ‘on enemy death’ procs
-Summon shit
-Mini Blade Arc

wow.webm

Edit: Just still generally salty about the update, don’t take offense to anything I say in the next week or so.

Time to be a Necromancer joining Kymon’s Chosen. Because they don’t actively hate them to the point of killing them. Totally doesn’t break immersion.

^ sarcasm btw

Really dissapointed, but extremely dissapointed that is Necromancer. I was expecting something unique or under utilized in RPGs but instead went with the damn obvious.

Definitely not playing this mastery. Still got Inquisitor though, guess is something.

this mastery needs a cooking reference imo, like an epic helm with necro stats that looks like a saucepan :stuck_out_tongue:

See earlier comments in thread.