Grim Misadventure #114: A New Thing...

A second expansion adding two more mastery was going to be wonderful. And of course, more equipment.:D:D:D

Wait so we can’t fool the admissions? Why not? It’s not like they have spies actually on us at all times. Can we bribe our way in with the promise to destroy necromancers using our insider knowledge? Like, we want to be the only necromancer in the world so we’ll help you destroy the rest? Come on Zantai! Read my above post! The Kymonbros are not that smart!

Edgelord. Lord of Edginess.

Sorry, Witch Hunter already holds that title.

Cabbalist, duh.

I’m going to buy two expansions to help finance the second expansion;)

Maybe a new collective financing for other expansions?

Found a pic of Zantai at the Crate offices:

Hey, seeing so many people not happy with the necro, I feel obliged to say that I, do Love that addition !
I always loved necros ! Loved in D2, or even in games like HoMM !
In ARPG in particular, there’s two classes I love: cold guys that can freeze everything, and necros that can lift up an army of skeletons !
So, I am really glad to see a necro class (way more so that the inquisitor in fact).
To each their own. 8 classes (that you combine) should have enough to please most :slight_smile:

Time to raise the dead !

I must admit I was not reeally keen on seeing a Necro in GD when people started speculating it for this expansion, but with the time waiting and after checking out this artwork and the sneak peek at some of the skills, I am starting to think it just makes sense.

And pretty excited to see which combinaisons I can come up with.

I trust you to make it as exciting as any other masteries.

In general I feel sad that people react so negatively without having even seen what all the mastery will have to offer. It’s not about the theme, it’s about the gameplay and the lore and so far I’m loving it.

Kudos to you guys

Whoa! This was totally unexpected. Nobody could have predicted something as utterly original as Necromancer! :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, I sincerely appreciate the way you’ve dealt with Kymon’s Chosen on this issue. Zealots should absolutely take a hardline stance with no exceptions whatsoever. The Chosen shall remain pure.

I would have preferred a cunning-based mastery with more originality but I’m not going to complain too much.

Just a Necromancer joining Kymon’s Chosen wouldn’t make sense due to augments/items/etc… not aligning with the Mastery Damage types. Dual Mastery wise you would no longer be considered one of those typical Necromancers and due to damage types will probably not use some of the usual Necromancer skills that Kymon’s Chosen would detest.

The possibility of a Necromancer turning against his or her order is always there and the dual mastery system emphasizes this idea even more.

Was wondering that too but afaik Inquisitors and Kymon’s Chosen aren’t the same. Both are part of the Luminari but Kymon are fanatics who follow… Kymon. Inquisitors are basically just soldiers and work with the Legion I think…

And I found Ceno!

Simply awesome!

I doubt that even the Cook mastery would have contained as much salt as this thread does. :rolleyes:

PoE has a Witch if I remember correctly.

Zantai already explained that it could be possible for Necromancer’s to join Kymon’s Chosen but not through the usual way. Dialogue option that makes sense or perhaps some way to prove yourself to the cause and so on.

Something just came to my mind. What’s stopping someone from picking Soldier (or any other mastery that can join both factions), get to the quest to pick the faction, be accepted into Kymon’s Chosen and then pick Necromancer after already being in Kymon’s Chosen?

If Necromancer can’t indeed join Kymon’s Chosen, this seems like something anyone can use to bypass that.

necropsycookblood is real!:mad:

If only someone earlier in the thread had mentioned this. Mmmm…