Grim Misadventure #146: Virtue-ally Better

Crate announces: Soldier 2

Now plz give us the actual expansion!!!
Can’t wait anymore. I will absolutely get this over the new Assassin Creed game.

Can already smell Beronath Reforged shenanigans here.

how about double shielded mastery of Soldier and Oathkeeper, I bet it would be the only one to be able to do really deep rifts for a while, calling it now :smiley:

I feel like I’m starting to foam at the mouth.

On the one hand, in terms of content, there were 6 months between the update describing the necromancer’s set and the release of Ashes of Malmouth. On the other hand, Ashes was confirmed for release in October in the update on sept. 18, which corresponds to the next grim misadventure.

The beronath reforged thing I mentioned also refer to that class too (can’t remember the names yet), tho I believe binders will still reign on rifts early on, unless the Arcanist changes Crate teased heavily nerfs the class. Ptiro already has his Rei ready for the expansion.

only one? you do realize that inquisitor + oathkeeper is a much better combination right?:eek:

I realy expect you to post tons of paladin concepts when FG comes:D

Nah, Shieldbreaker ftw :stuck_out_tongue:

deleted all other combinations and left Inquisitors only. I will most likely make my own compendium. hopeful that Empyrion bestow me with fiery wisdom to accomplish such noble task.

Will a demolitionist be able to hold a candle (no pun intented) to an inquisitor? :undecided:

With each expansion new classes seem to have gotten more bold. Depends on what mods the sets will have to even the odds.

Basically it’s

Demmo:
Flame touched/Temper(converted all fire or all phys) - So flat/OA
Vindictive: AS (perhaps some neat mods here too.
Thermite: RR
FS:AA (although will have to see if OK has one too and if it does, what kind of build it caters to.

Inquis:

WoR: Defensive stats and some flat dmg.
Deadl Aim: OA/crit
Censure: RR/mitigation - Basically half the reason Inquis is abused these days and why i’m sick of it(there is no denying the strength of the class)
Seal: Which these days to me it is a massive skill sink aside from arcane empowerment maybe and transmuter.

To all of this we don’t know what RR/OA/DA/Crit OK has so it’s hard to say more

you sure? maybe your testing already as we speak? :rolleyes:

anyways with all honestly as much as I loved paladins I want others classes to flourish too. We need all classes in best shape to help us fight and survive in the world of Cairn. of course paladin will be leading the pack:cool:

that being said maybe when FG releases sadly there might be at least one or 2 class combinations that will have poor synergy. (maybe addressed later with item pack updates).

as someone pointed out here about the new, 12 sets? kinda wish it refers to legendaries only and in actual we have have more in it for blues

I just hope oathkeeper won’t be as powerful as inq when released. Current inq is just really good at everything ever since the censure buff.

I wouldn’t worry about that. If some classes have poor synergy then Crate will have a look and see if anything needs be done.

From 25th May stream:

"Pokerkid777 :If Forgotten Gods ends up being the last expansion, how much longer do you expect GD to be supported with balance changes and bug fixes?

As long as it makes sense to. Just because we’re not going to work on a giant expansion doesn’t mean that we’ll just top developing Forgotten Gods stuff. We have ideas for what we could do for post release stuff, whether that could be some new items or some more floors for end of dungeons, might even do some more story content potentially. We will see. And there’ll be additional balancing needed because there’ll be new items, there’s going to have to be some tweaks to make sure everything’s competitive and build diversity goes up."

medea, you are scaring me! whats up with that profile. moving away from the holy path? You have not given yourself up to the dark ways have you?:eek:

is that fg final boss?

Well i’m excited for the active/passive shield skills which soldier kinda lacks.

As for power you could put it another way, slightly nerf inquis.

Back when Censure had no % reduced enemy dmg I for one defended it as being very strong with the RR it provided but the a lot of people kept wailing on it. I actually said on that Censure thread randomly, since all pro censure arguments were not working: “what if they replace the disrupt with %reduced enemy dmg”. They probably had it planned already but I never expected them to implement it and for the mitigation to be so high. Then suddenly the skill became a star over night…

And some people still complain about it cause of radius lol. This skill is so strong it’s like Warcry+VoS on steroids…all in ONE skill(i omited breack morale cause it’s not stackable).

In fact, to compare, some vanilla skills like War cry are imo a bit outdated with the new and more daring expansion skills. It’s a massive skill sink first of all, especially the main skill warcry. It cannot be permanent unless you have CD and even when you do, it has far from the versatility of CoF.

The %reduced health and terrify are useless. I mean terrify works against the purpose of the skill itself lol, get aggro(It has Taunt!) and inflict as much dmg as possible for the quite low duration of the skill…5 seconds. Reduced energy, usless. Overguard is also a skill that I feel is not as strong in expac and could use smth like flat armor bonus on it. Shield Training didn’t need that nerf, shield in general doesn’t feel so great in xpac and doesn’t really need Soldier any more to shine defensively. Especially since since in xpac, AoE unblockable spells are so much more potent than direct hits overall (only exceptions are Reaper/RAvager, maybe Kuba) This is actually a problem that hurts soldier at it’s core these days

So you can see how new classes open new horizons which is great! But then some vanilla skills get left behind. This is because once you bring so much new stuff to the table you have to balance everything out including gear which is a colossal task…

Anyway i’m rambling. OK will definitely be more exciting than Soldier or Demmo no matter the power

Foolish mortal. You see light and dark when they are simply two sides of the same coin. Only by embracing both can you walk the true path of Ascension.

And no, nothing to do with the game.

I hear you on current censure. But i was on the other camp before the buff. I remember cold infiltrator being so squishy back then, even with conviction. Look how times have changed (dual blades buff helped too). Still would advocate on nerfing seal instead of censure, though making the damage reduction on censure scale like shit on ultimate levels is fine for me too.

Yeah I agree on the things you said except probably overguard. Skill is what I want seal to be. Soldier is still an excellent support class, imo. Realized this after the runebinder tactician thing I did. Free slow res,stun res, armor absorb, blitz, physique, health, OA/DA, AS/CS, warcry if you’re not inq. If you’re undecided for a second class and you’re not lacking RR on the first class (looking at you, arcanist),then Soldier is the way to go for me, imo. Even if they removed all the soldier bonuses on BK set, BK DK will still be very good.

PS: am i the only one who’s not yet jumping on the Oathkeeper hype train? I mean, all I think about the expansion is getting my current chars up there and updating them.

oh i see but…
Grim Dawn: Path of Ascension? next dlc or v2.0 confirmed!? gimme please:cool:

greeeeeeen