Grim Misadventure #167 - A Look Back at 2019

True Ceno, true. :rofl:

what if we can repair it, then suddenly it crashed right before our very eyes. then we can repair it again, but with more expensive costs. but it will crash again, repeatedly. until somebody mine the bridge data then found out that there’s nothing to be gained from repairing the bridge over and over.

suddenly, miyazaki from dark souls offer you a pendant filled with fond memories.

2 Likes

I don’t know why they don’t consider strictly some more content DLC that heads south from DC.

It can be viewed more like a “content” loyalists pack. Then they wouldn’t need to add new classes, systems, etc. But we could get more content and they can generate more revenue.

Because then that would aggravate the problem of people not having the same versions of the game for multiplay even more. The Loyalist Packs work as they are because they’re only cosmetic items and don’t affect the game itself. Adding any sort of DLC like you suggest would. Plus as Zantai has said going south isn’t great for the camera angle.

We know they’ll probably do a 3rd Loyalist Pack at least and then there’s the other new project Zantai is working on which he says will be of interest to GD fans.

4 Likes

It would be nice if there could be an option to force the camera to always look at the back of your character (cam rotates at the direction you are going). But delayed / slowly and maybe a toggle option to deactivate it in combat.

Atm I use a mouse thumb button for that.

Also, there is some buggy behavior mostly if I rotate my cam.

< 1 sec freezes during that no mouse and keyboard input is registered.

Game is running smooth all day long at 2560x1440@144Hz with maxed out settings, its only if I rotate the cam view. (I am using the 64 bit version)

And an option to change the colour of the cursor, maybe if possible the colours of the attack and move cursor symbols, would also be very nice.

2 Likes

Here you are: Automatic camera (following your character)

1 Like

Blockquote
Here you are: Automatic camera (following your character)

Thank you, very useful!

Something about the beast faction warrant makes me wonder. The beast faction are added on AoM expac, the warrant for beast faction states that it was drawn by gorble, meanwhile I don’t think there is some gorble in AoM area except for some lore note that state to report any sighting of gorble in malmouth.

What if just like the chtonian faction, the beast also get 2 nemesis, this one nemesis spawn in arkovian overworld, jagged waste area, east marsh, asterkarn mountain, and maybe the new area after we repair this bridge. The nemesis is a Dranghoul warlord that manage to riled up the groble population.

But it could be the warrant drawing is actually made by Mogdrogen, since he is a beast god and mad at us for slaughtering his friend.

1 Like

I kinda wish Zantai would add the option that we can repair the bridge to the south, only to find out we can’t go further because the map / road isn’t passable or there is a insurmountable wall… like a huge troll…

2 Likes

We already know it’s blocked.

:smile:

3 Likes

it would be awesome if some new repairable bridge will lead us to the aetherhold. we already got to visit the void, eldritch realm, shattered realm, and yugol’s mini domain in morgoneth’s tomb. we need to meet up with the many aetherial factions that choose to stay in the aetherhold rather than invading cairn.

maybe gd 2 will have us prancing about in the aetherhold, immersed in the conflict between the aetherial factions.

I believe Zantai explicitly said that the Aetherial domain is not material, and cannot be visited by the player.

2 Likes

true, not to mention that time went on much more slowly (or is it faster? cmiiw) in the aetherhold, so the other factions in aetherhold had a hard time keeping up with the events in cairn. its a wishful thinking. though in gd2, maybe the world of cairn will have some drastic change that makes aetherhold more accessible to players.

maybe aetherhold will have shifting landscapes with impossible geometry and constantly changing metaphysical law like the warp in warhammer 40k. i dunno. gotta need serious engine upgrade for those kind of features.

2 Likes

i really hope crate team’s live’s are well. building bridges can be a stressful task, with mistakes happening from slightest deviation in the math calculation:
bridge-fail
some people can’t handle the stress, that they become mad with violence:
bent%20bridge
some even hallucinate that the bridge is taunting them:
troll-bridge
in these grim times, remember that you are not alone, crate. you have true friends in your life and from gd communities, remember those relationship bridges is a great source of strength to build the mysterious bridge:

so, cheer up! have fun with building bridges! it will make the job easier and better your perspective on life!:
i-love-this-job

2 Likes

That’s a bridge to far sir!

2 Likes

Oh damn, i missed that Detail. It seems i was either very ignorant or they day did add it at some point where i didn’t spent much attention on the bridge anymore. Thanks for pointing it out.

I am ready to buy the third add-on.

4 Likes

Will you be able to have a new DLC … or a new Difficulty :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Crate have already made it clear there are no new expansions planned for the game. There are a few more updates to come of smaller content and Crate will continue to support the game so long as it makes sense to do so financially. But that will be it; development is winding down on the game.

Zantai did say the other day that the project he’s working on atm will be of interest to GD fans so we wait to hear more news of that.

2 Likes

Cant wait to see whats beyond the bridge! But Glyph Of Disorder needs a range buff desperately! thank you