Grim Misadventure #168 - Sidelands

That last pic :+1:

Does that mean Stormrend is the only weapon that allow dual-wielding for Primal Strike or that Primal Strike now lets any one-hand weapon by default now?

Read the 3rd post above yours.
or maybe you’re asking whether you can dual Stormrend + any other 1hand weapon
Then the answer is yes and you can use it with a shield as well.

YAY! My suggestion got added! ‘Always Show Double Rares’! Thanks a lot Crate! You people are the best!

Artists seldom get much recognition in ARPGs, most players are frantically focusing on the tasks in hand. Grim Dawn’s artists have done a superb job and this update shows off their talents even more.

3 Likes

Crate`s artists are pure geniouses! Those SR areans are neck snaping.

Coming out of checking Wolcen - no amount of uber gfx tech cant solve the simple lack of art talent!

GD for life - if i could afford it i would hire Crate to create XP3 asap.

2 Likes

Sweet! All is looking good.

items, monster totems and new cr dungeons look really amazing. I am quite eager to play new update. actually i was excited for playing it today!

i have a few questions becuase i cant contain my hype:

1. will the bridge near twinfall arrive at 1.1.6.0. If yes, please don’t spoil it anymore. Imho, it would be more hype seing it ourselves.

2. will new shard expand size of boss rooms. I could only manage sr 66 ultimate, but more experienced players can reach higher shards especially team players. larger boss rooms make progression into lets say 180 or above shards a bit more easier.

3. If possible in the following updates, can you apply search function in the world map this would make distant travel easier. for example, from fort ikon to malmouth sewers. by writing mal at world map search would yield malmouth outskirts and sewers. you can pick your location from dropdown list.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

No, the Twin Falls Bridge isn’t coming in 1.1.6.0.

will there other bridges together with it:)

Change log NOW…please?

I don’t get mad at changes so it’s okay to post them :wink:…can’t speak for others but…

From the sounds of it, no. This from the dev stream of 7th February 2020.

"gothboyyyyyyy : what will happen to twin falls?

Now I was expecting that question to come up. The answer is … you’ll be able to go through that bridge. We’re going to open that area up, we’ve actually been working on some new little bit of content over there for you to explore. There’ll be some mobs to fight there, some something to collect and it will offer you a shortcut from the riftgate straight to Tyrant’s Hold. Not as popular a destination as it used to be, obviously from vanilla, but still it’s really cool that if you progress through Tyrant’s Hold down south to Twin Falls, from that direction you’ll be able to repair the bridge and proceed to the riftgate. It will not change the progression that you have currently in terms of how you get to Homestead for new characters; they will still progress exactly as we intended through Smuggler’s Pass, through the Mountain Deeps to Homestead. But for characters that have all the riftgates or have already cleared that area they can just go through Tyrant’s Hold, down south, repair that bridge and you have another way through. It opens up the world a little more and in a place that people have been looking forward to seeing for a long time."

1 Like

Awesome!

(The new SR art in particular brought a twinkle to my eye)

Loyalty Pack 3 please so we can keep supporting this remarkable post-release work :grin:

2 Likes

what about the Twin Bridge Falls though?

also, as usual, #deadgame #deadbuilds

(contheo: we arent getting changelogs because the nerfs would create a riot) :wink:

in one of reddit posts, i saw that normal sr loot will be nerfed. I hope this is just a player speculation but not an actual thing.

It’s a thing. I’m sure someone will serve up a direct quote shortly. Something about the design intent being to play higher difficulties if you want legendaries, and how normal was never intended to give max level legendaries.

1 Like

Yes, loot drops are being adjusted for SR.

Sweet! MOAR goodness!!! Can’t wait for 1.160!! Looking forward to your next project(s)…lifetime loyalties from THIS wallet!!

1 Like

TL;DR I fucking love Grim Dawn!

I finally decided to stop lurking.
Oh Crate, this game, it’s like potato chips, it’s like whipped cream, it’s like pizza, it’s like a good IPA, no matter how much I play I never get tired of it.
The other ARPGs I’ve played, are like work, are like a homework assignment, are like mandatory overtime, and fuh-huh-huk that shit!
Just want to express some beaming glowing gushing thoughts as you guys are putting finishing touches on your fine example of how to make something that is just fun.
Back in late 2017, I went back to TQ for a few weeks and out of nowhere I thought, look up “games like TQ”, and there GD was, and it was on sale (I’ve always felt guilty buying the game on sale, it’s worth so much more than it’s asking price, but I am rambling).
Picked it up and immediately loved it.
Perhaps we recall the first Sacred game? And those gorgeous fine details in the artwork of the trees, the structures, the ground itself.
I immediately scrolled in on Mr Bourbon and saw all the detail I could hope for, but it was fully 3D and I could rotate the world! Hooked!
That was right after AoM released.
Anyway, I also want to thank all the “vets”, I’ve been scoping the builds (damn GDStash! I can’t bring myself to use it) and try as I might my builds are never strong enough to go after that shitsumbitch Lokar! I can do Nemesis bosses just fine, but that next tier of mob is still escaping me. But that’s great, that keeps me playing.
So, this is probably why I lurked for so long, I can ramble.
Thank you Crate and Community.
I can’t wait for whatever the next thing will be from you guys.
BTW I know y’all don’t need one, but I’d love to write for your games. (I did dabble a bit in GD fan fic, and it made me think of Deadwood while I was writing)
Additionally, BTW I need more ways to throw cash at you, I mean it, buying the game on sale feels totally wrong :wink:

9 Likes

Glad you liked it
PraiseZantai

1 Like