Grim Misadventure #176 - So the New Thing

ah yes, indestructible friendly/npc camp stuff, the bane of my bookcase bashing exploits :unamused:

Let’s hope it refers to Turn 10 and their new game will be Forza Motorsport: Cairn Rallye :racing_car:

1 Like

I sometimes did. But I play mostly HC and I ended up losing one too many

1 Like

HC is the only way to play.

I started playing HC Classless, and cant go back. It is the best.

1 Like

Nah man, SR runs at 1 AM in the morning, half drunk are the best. That’s why I play SC :joy:

3 Likes

Yay, the ability to select a different menu theme (something I asked for way back over here) is getting implemented! :raised_hands:

@Zantai is there any chance I can push my luck and ask for that other feature I mentioned in my old post to be implemented as well? Basically can required recipe items be clickable so that clicking on them takes you to the recipe for that item?

And lastly can you please implement a supported resolution check before the game loads. I play between my PC and my laptop and when I open the game on my laptop (after playing on my PC) I can’t see the menu buttons because they are off the screen due to the higher res I play at on my PC. It would help a lot if the game could automatically drop to a lower resolution if the device being played on doesn’t actually support the higher resolution currently saved in options.txt. At the moment when this happens I have to kill the process and manually edit my options.txt file to fix my resolution. Speaking of editing options.txt is there any chance the UI scaling bar could be updated with snap points for 0.25 increments? I like to set my uiScale to exactly 0.75 for 1440p and I swear in-game text just looks better when it’s set to this value over the weird decimal value I get by dragging the slider.

You people go on and on about the new mastery, but clearly what Zantai means is 10 times more mutators. Furthermore, those will be active at all times throughout the whole campaign on Ultimate. What, you thought those gigabuffs in 9.8 were just for free?

Jokes aside (?), you guys at Crate are pretty crazy, aren’t you! This “new thing” sounds pretty dope so far. Although I, as some others, have certain concerns about auto-toggle buffs. Like already mentioned damaging auras and sutff like Beronath and Blood Orb of Chthon.

So in my opinion, the middle ground would be to “save” active buffs between sessions and reactive them upon enetering the game. Example: I play elemental Arcanist, I use Beronath sword. I want IEE, Maiven’s and Star Pact to reenable themselves, but I don’t wan’t Beronath’s toggle skill to activate itself every time (and being unable to deactivate it!). So I toggle on said buffs and leave Bero’s buff alone, exit the game and only buffs active upon exiting will be active again in new session. Don’t how feasible that is, but those are my two cents anyway.

3 Likes

Finally.
/10chars

Thank for you ongoing support guys !!!

1 Like

i wonder, would it be possible to not reset map zoom on char switch/game restarts/“default local map to max zoom” ? :thinking:
i know it’s a real minor thing, inconsequential “hassle”, idono just feels slightly annoying swapping chars and redoing map scroll over each time doing a new run in SR :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No, they teach game design as the immortal sages in some forgotten monastery.

Arcane was insanely OP compared to other mechanics. I shouldn’t skip Grava b/c of one insane skill that he has when I can comfortably farm all other nems. Perhaps they’ll buff other monster skills to compensate for the nerf to arcane.

you shouldn’t skip Grava because his nulli is entirely avoidable, just like Gargabols volcanoes, Zantarin’s shotgun, Benji’s crystal bombs etc etc etc etc
if you’re getting nullied by Grava, and consider it an issue, then you’re missing one of the best telegraphed attacks in the game
Arcanes are not like Grava however, they are not big/standing double the size of other enemies, and their nullifcation in most cases is not telegraphed unlike Grava. In that regard many arcanes are more like Lox, (except their nulli still can “technically” be dodged since they are actual projectiles not an instant aoe)

5 Likes

I never expected updates like this! Thank you so much!

Hi Zantai, may I have a small request when it comes to crafting UI? It’s a chore to keep on typing the relic in the search field to consistently see what are the materials i need. Are there any plans to revamp it? I know there’s a mod that addresses that, but just curious to see if it will be implemented in the upcoming patch or 1.0.

“Anyone that has 2 exclusive skills learned on their character for some reason will want to pick one though, or the game will choose for you.”

@Zantai

Greetings and Salutations,

First I want to say - Very well made game - All arpgs should use Grim Dawn as the base in which to work off of and build out from - thats that simple.

I played many years ago but never finished for many reason. After Blizzard dishonored itself in the (deliberate, do not doubt that) debacle of D4, I still had the itch to play an argp, and, well, coming back to Grim Dawn, Ive found years of consistent patches have only improved the game, and Ive now put in more than 2x my original time now that I have returned.

In reading the announcement for all the new changes in the new patch I was amazed at how spot on they are, only on one detail did I want to give input, and as such, created this account to do so.

As per the quote above, I in fact, do use two exclusive skills.
My favorite build is a Solider Nightblade, and I use weapon swap to alt between the “offensive” dual wield attacks (supported by Olerons Rage) and a “defensive” mode with a single wep and shield (supported by Menhirs Bulwark)

There are are few other times Ive done something similar. Mostly for Crucible characters I make for fun.

Not being able to swap at all would be a total nullification to this character.

Is it a compromise, to at least be able to right click (or anything) the skills icon directly in the skills window to select what exclusive skill is active?

Still loosing the ability to do so on the fly would be a bummer, but, in most cases I know what Im about to go into, and can open the skill tree to activate it there before I head into a boss for example.

Clearly, I would just like to not have one of my fave builds just end up being eliminated all together.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the years of work in Grim Dawn.

• CGP

P.S. I hope you know GrimDawn 2 sub title needs to be “Grim Dusk” :wink:
The sun rising on the dawn of a horror, is nothing compared to when the sun sets on the next one.

1 Like

Which mod does this? Working my way up relics is such a slog

Afraid that will no longer be possible. That is a very exotic approach and, I hate to say it, very sub-optimal. You are spreading your points thin this way.

1 Like

Menhir’s is exclusive for shield so it would not turn on when dual wielding right? (does the auto toggle prioritize usable skills?). I see potential for some wacky bugs here.

Elitism sighted! Sound the alarms! :oncoming_police_car:

2 Likes