Grim Misadventure #42: Information Overload

^^ This.

/tenchar

Done.

oh wow nice work

That looks really great. Some questions/comments that came up while reading through it:

The experience gained/ light radius looks a bit confusing at the moment. It looks like the player only gains 5% of regular experience and not +5%. To me having it say +5% or 105% would look better, if it’s possible. Maybe it’s already like this and the values in the screenshots are just weird, like, I guess, how the cooldown reduction has a value of 116%. Also, a bit weird why it says cooldown reduction in the first place and not recharge like it is currently called on skills and items.

Are the damages shown just the base damages or do they include the modifiers?

Do the modifiers include the attribute influences or not? Like if you have +20% fire damage does it show +20% or is it higher because the spirit the character has increases the total modifier further.

The deflect chance in Defense is the chance to avoid projectiles?

Curious what the item level in Stats represents.

Are % chance of something in any way included in the character sheet? It doesn’t look like it, but maybe things like chance to freeze or stun would be interesting. Though I can see why not as the durations can also vary a lot and there are quite a few of such stats.

When it comes out I can find out for myself, these questions just came up while looking through the screenshots.

very nice indeed, and hello Kinree nice to see a new GD-developer/programmer

this was all I am hoping for, just a clear and easy to get. character sheet :slight_smile:

I like all the info displayed, not so sure about the format though.

Take resistances for example, instead of having a long list, we have the above ‘tabular’ display

If you look at the info per damage type it is damage range and modifier % yet it takes up a lot of room in comparison.

If you could display that in a similar fashion to the resistances it would be a lot easier to see at once…

Granted, there are no DoT icons, but maybe the same icon with an hourglass in the corner would do :wink:

Best build so far!

It has been changed to +5% to avoid any confusion. It is a bonus on top of your base. This is also explained in the tooltip when rolled over.

The stat on items and skills has already been changed to say Cooldown Reduction. This will be visible in the next build.

All damages shown include all passive modifiers. This includes attributes and modifiers from gear and skills.

Item level is the averaged item level of all your equipped items.

Percent chance stats are calculated into the DPS and Damage Range calculations, otherwise no.

that is sooo awesome!

i hate just looking at the average damage/dps when equipping a new weapon and having no idea why it changed…thats about to change :D:D

great work!

but - i have to agree with mamba - i guess it could be polished a little bit more

Great! Thanks for the answers.

Easy to read and very useful! GD is getting better and better!

Oh, looks much better! Thanks.

Looks much better! Thanks.:smiley:

I think it’s fine in how they did it. The only thing you need to see is your damage on the first character page. If you want more details you can check them out - which is why I don’t think it has to be like the resistances when it comes to having a bunch of icons.

Great, but…

COLOURS

…and
:cool:ICONS:cool::D:p;).

How about spells? Right/left mouse button damage? As mentioned before, for example Fire Strike damage, Dreeg’s Evil Eye damage, etc…?

Now it only works with “default attack”?

But if you switch items around to see how things change, it would definitely help to have it all displayed at the same time, instead of having to keep track of the numbers to see what changed and scroll over three page for it.
With icons you could fit all of this on one page instead.

It may be sufficient in that all the info is there, but it still can be improved :wink:

Awww:( what’s this? No more spitting my armpits and smelling my fingertips and knocking on wood when I want to figure out how gear does something to my damage?

You spoiled all the fun for me…:frowning:

This b18 is going to be packed. Ui scaling, crafting, much improved character sheet, what other goodies am I forgetting?

+1 to this!

The colors on the Headers, Health/Energy, the resistance %'s, the bolded Damage Per Second, etc. is what made the Data easy to read for me. Colors make everything better! :cool:

Very snazzy. I did notice that the OA display didn’t include the crit damage modifier, which I think is also an important stat to be aware of when analyzing OA.

You guys are awesome!