Grim Misadventure #52: Arcanist Mastery Pt. 1

:rolleyes:

You trollin’ mate? The screenshot of the Arcanist.

Never heard of it. You must be mistaken.

Have you ditched the Arcanist Laser Beam spell. (Alberts Aether Ray or something)

EDIT: Nope, its there =)

Also, Devotion, it seems this is that new thing to a skill system, Zantai was talking about during one of the Jiacov B20 streams.

Oh boy oh boy oh boy. I can’t wait to get my grubby little hands on a Battlemage (I’m assuming that’s Soldier/Arcanist). :smiley:

Can’t wait!:smiley:

Devotion? slurp :confused:

Could it be that… no it can’t be, it’s utterly inappropriate and irrational… but then, how… oh fuck it. I’m in love and it smells like magic artillery!:rolleyes::D:D

Arcane Will: Awesome!!!

Devotion: That’s no tease, that’s a heart-stopper!:stuck_out_tongue:

Also, THE SKILL WINDOW! Those beams of diffuse light shooting up from the mastery bar and the gradient field of light produced…:cool::cool: Bigger picture also sits better, and I guess pressing that nice “+” button will update the left field with x/50 points message?

I would be cool with EVEN MOAR ornamental button/frame borders. This style/clarity of presentation is top-notch, background texture is sooooo much more fitting, there’s no danger of “overloading” it in my opinion. It’s so sleek…

Well done people. Keep doing what you’re doing, personally I wouldn’t mind a skipped build, much less a delayed one.

Edit: Oh grate! Now Zantai is trolling us! You will break, it’s just a matter of time. 15/9, 30/9? You will speak!:stuck_out_tongue:

Great news, thanks a lot for you hard work. I hope September the first (black day at calendar for every student/pupil in my country) will be not so GRIM as usual :slight_smile:

I think there is a really big difference between melee/ranged class skills and magic class skills that must be corrected :

Magic skills (non weapon skills) don’t trigger the following effects which are really awesome end game :

• Attack Damage Converted to Health
  • Reduction in Enemy’s Health
  • Reduced Resistance and % Reduced resistance

The combination of Reduced resistance and reduction in enemy’s health are the best effects against bosses so this is really hurting magic class in the highest difficulty settings.

I understand the first leach effect may be only available on weapon skills but I think there could be a way to let the other two effects also affect non weapon skills with a penalty.For example non weapon skills would do 50% of the effets (reduced ennemy life and reduced resistance).

Bosses are nearly immune, some are completely immune, to % current life effects.

We are discussing making life steal work with all damage, so that may happen in the future.

As for on attack effects such as reduced resistances, any skill that utilizes % weapon damage will also apply effects from your weapons. So Dreeg’s Evil Eye will apply such debuffs.

Thanks Zantai it would be great for caster class to have some kind of life steal available.
Can’t wait to see arcanist skills in action !

Chilling Surge looks very similiar to transmuted Ring of Steel. I hope they will be really different.

Thanks Zantai it would be great for caster class to have some kind of life steal available.

Sigil have this effect.

Great update!! cant wait for the b20!

any burst shoot arcane spell? you know, the pew pew pew in one shot thing :smiley:

Want some MP in GD? Get some MP in old good games! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMd7miHvlww#t=173

Oh oh oh I just cant wait for B20.
Mu- Mul- Multiplayer!!!

Olexra’s Flash Freeze will freeze nearby enemies, as it says in the description Zantai typed up.

Ring of Steel transmuter does not.

Have you ditched the Arcanist Laser Beam spell. (Alberts Aether Ray or something)

You can see it at 25 skill points, tier 6, or something that looks like a beam anyway. Just after the modifier for Flash Freeze.

Arcane Will sounds tricky with the constitution system, how easy will it be to manage our health with all the free health regeneration. Perhaps we can get another skill that costs health instead of energy to cast?

As long as you stay in combat, Arcane Will will stay up indefinitely since the regen won’t kick in til you stop casting spells, as it works with other classes. Or you could always just intentionally drain your CON :slight_smile:

So if my weapon has life leech, DEE will leech life ? Will have to try that :wink:

Love the update and the openness about the development. Arcanist would be one of my favorites since I usually play mage/archer type of classes in arpgs.

However, I am extremely troubled to hear this -

It sounds like de-sync to me, which absolutely broke the multiplayer for me and a couple of friends in TL2 to the point where it would happen all the time no matter who connected to who, while never occuring in any other game for us. Needless to say, we left that game after barely finishing the main story line once. After emailing Runic again and again, they finally released a patch which didn’t solve it and that was that. Hope things will not be so here :slight_smile:

Goodluck with the polishing up and finishing things.

I assume you mean % life steal. It should work on the % wpn dmg component of the skill.

It won’t be the case here because that is precisely why MP is not out yet. We want to resolve such issues before anyone has to even deal with them.

also gotta say the art on this skill tree looks awesome. are other classes going to get a bit of a touch up to look a little more sexy to? this one just looks really dam good.

What an awesome update… skill tree looks amazing.