Grim Misadventure #93: Mod Quest

Will it be possible to alter the resistance penalties for higher difficulties with the modding tools?

Would it be possible to create a very simple version of capture the flag? Your character would be able to pick up an item (flag), and have some sort of visual notification. Once that item is brought to another location, somehow a score is updated. Score could be updated via quest notification?

Would it be possible to create a very simplistic moba scenario? A lane of monsters that run towards eachother and engage each other. Setting up player spawn points?

Is there anything for PvP support beyond simply going ‘hostile’?

Well. Time to learn how to script, I guess.

I gotta know.
If i make a custom game mod with one quest with no requirements that i complete right away and gives enough xp to get me to lvl 85 and bonus skill points to max every skill in both skill trees and a tonne of stats, what happens to that character? Is he stuck playing custom modes? Or can he then jump into an online game and pvp people to buggery in the base game mode?

You arent editing the base game. Youre essentially talking about somehow creating another version of the game entirely but with 2 different numbers in it.

Very nice, I can’t wait for the tools to come out.

I’m disappointed on some things that are not supported by the modding tools, but I think only when the tools will be out we can see their full potential.

This ^

Thanks for answers !

he is stuck in custom game, of course if you edit the char, you can override that again - but if you edit the char anyway, why even go through the trouble of creating this mod in the first place…

Put that skill on a relic that all characters begin with?

Could you vague that up a bit? I know you think you explained something but you didn’t. Where is the line between “base game” and modding?

“pathable” What is that? Someone can answer pls :frowning:

Enabling DW would need to edit core files? Why? In Violos’ D2I mod he allowed all characters to DW by giving them a hidden passive skill which allowed the to DW from level 1, you can’t do that with the GD tools?

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

As I understood the devs are talking about enabling DW globally, not from skills or passives.

I see no reason why someone couldn’t be able to add passives that grant you DW.

Maybe through a component or a starter relic?

You can make a “path” for the character/npcs to walk by.

I am not familiar with what that mod did. You could theoretically give all masteries a rank 1 of a passive that doesn’t show up in the skill trees, but you would need to have a free entry in the mastery tree DBR for that.

I would like to make an open world survival mod. Global story would be the discovery of a New World (think discovery and conquest of the americas in the 15th century).
I already created 4 major mods,
http://frontieres-nwn2.winnerbb.com/ (a NWN2 “PW”)
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?board=209.0 (Rigale, mount and blade warband increased world interactions)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97132362 (Lost Continent, a legend of grimrock mod)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=466038461 (Rigale, a legend of grimrock 2 mod)
my drive is to add a lot of randomness and world interactions, based on skills. For example, a literacy skill would grant you more XPs when you read a book, herboristery would allow you to recognize plants, and gather more of it, skinning, to recover external parts of dead animals, butchering, for internal parts, and so on…
I also like to give many ways for the player to gain xps, not only fighting and quest solving, but also from more mundane tasks.)
And I like to add 4 layers of success, from critical failure to critical success.
Overall, I try to add a PnP feeling to my mods.

So, after this wall of text, some questions please:
1/ Is it possible to store variables on character ?
2/ Is it possible to have global variables ?
3/ Can an item have dynamic randomized values ? I like my crafting system to create random items. So for example, a “basic shoulder pad” would have an armor range of between 5 and 9 (you know, tied to the type of crafting success…). So I could spawn a basic shoulder pad of 6 armor, and another one of 7…
As for the crafting system, for what it seems, the convo system could do the trick. We will see…
4/Is there a way to display values, beside creating new windows ? (That is, how will I be able to display the skill list, and the variables (skill XPs, levels, trained…)
5/ Could spawning items on the ground be feasible ? Like planting some seed, and growing it into a plant to be harvested after some times ?

Some more questions will probably come. Thanks in advance, and gratz for this great game, and especially the coming tools :slight_smile:

Can we have a confirmation whether there is a limited number of skill points a mastery can have?

If so, can that be raised potentially? As I was considering extending some skills with extra transmutes etc. while keeping existing options.

I don’t know about skill points but there is a limit on the number of skills a mastery can have.For now there are 34 skillnames.If the dev add more skillname entries, we could make more.