Grim Misadventure #99: Introducing the Crucible

Looking forward to the DLC. Thanks for all your hard work.

I understand not being able to place on the leaderboards with modded characters, but they’re not able to try at all in a Custom Crucible of some sort?

There is a leaderboard? really?

Won’t the top 100 slots will be filled with cheaters? there isn’t a way to stop them unless you have also planned to add some sort of locked vault char storage option as well

edit: actually i dont see any mention of leaderboards. but im in a rush so i didnt do a full literature review.

I don’t think there will be any leaderboards. No one ever said there will be. I don’t know where you got that from.

There will indeed be a leaderboard of sorts
http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/settings/crucible.php

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Only way cheaters will end up on the leaderboard is if you’re the cheater. It is a local leaderboard for your characters.

Ah, so the leaderboard is so you can compare your characters to each other. Not exactly the use for leaderboards most people think of, but for those who like to compare their own builds and alts to each other (which I’m sure is quite a lot of people), that really is quite useful.

I was assuming he was talking about global online multiplayer leaderboards (like D2 ladders or something). I forgot those other leaderboards were mentioned. My mistake.

Yeah it’s not quite like that of course but by the looks of it (the picture in the guide), it does keep track of people you play it in mp with.

actually thats cool. can we expand it to track other stuff? would be cool to have stat / etc comparisons at a glance for my various chars

Ya I haven’t looked into it myself yet but in that pic it shows both Zantai and Kinree’s name listed but I’m not sure if that was from playing together or if it reads from your friends list or something.

They’d have to enlighten you on what’s possible.

Awesome! I have a question though:

1. Is there a possibility to obtain this DLC for free when we bought the game in prepurchase mode? For example I am with game from December 2013.
  2. Are you for idea release this DLC for free for Community translators as a gift?

Thank You for your hard work, its cool to stay with Grim Dawn.

I think people are going to look at it that way because of the way it was worded.

This makes it sound like some free gift you are generously giving away to special supporters that you value more than others. In reality, the people who are eligible for the “free” game mode paid for it already. It was part of the kickstarter campaign, and on your website it was explicitly included in the deal when buying the game at the time.

Didn’t see a definitive answer, but will there by ANY way to play Crucible content with mods/custom game/characters? Is it something that could be exported into a Custom World and accessed via a portal or something? Or is this more of a wait and see sort of thing atm?

Cant wait to spend good time with my friends in this DLC!

I purchased the game 7/3/2014, Through humble bundle I believe. Am i still eligible for the free DLC?

You aren’t. To receive the DLC for free you must have backed the game either during or prior to the kickstarter. That window closed on May 18, 2012.

No, the Kickstarter campaign ended in the Spting of 2012.

No, the Kickstarter campaign ended in the Spting of 2012 (May).

Yeah.

This sounds cool so I will be getting this.

Keep up the good work.