Grim Misadventures #8: Here there be Monsters

The more I see from this game the more I get excited! So glad I was one of the sponsors for this great RPG! Keep up the good work! may alpha-beta be upon us soon!

Cool looking water monster. I wish I had that as a pet.

Now that is awesome to try out! :cool:

Great one!

Keep up the Legend ! :smiley:

someone mentioned that med hasn’t posted recently, I think its about high time we get an update from him!!! what do you think fellow GD supporters / cult of Crate? maybe he should do a extra special update? maybe a vid or something, but we want to know what he been up too? right!!!?

bring on the med update now!!!

That looks great - and I find it looks better and better for each time we get new pictures to drool at.

Btw, I wouldn’t mind a easter egg being a piñata monster :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow loving the hero monsters… they actually sound and look tough, somewhat a little harder than in TQ.

My favorite is by far that… fish monster… or whatever that is.

Whoa, I nearly fainted after seeing those pics.
I need to play this game NOW !

Cool little mean dudes… thanx once again for the heads up Zantai!

thanks again for the update. Loveing the look of the new mobs.

Just thought id give my opinon on the new mobs and what i think :P.

Innugaru - im wondering if this creature not only claws at you but also uses hes small tale to try and knock you over much like viloth with a tale as such…
(thought just poped into my head maybe he also rolls into a ball and uses spikes to impale you lol ?.)

mesmer - now this mob looks like it could do some serious damage if in groups and the ablility to split up now thats something like a horror for it self and because it doesnt look like it stays close to eatch other when running at you could create quite a difficult opponent. Love those yellow eyes on the creature and wondering weather its just there to try and take a nice sized bite out of you or is it there to jump on all 3 sides of the char ?. Like 1 jumps up attacks your head then the other two try and go for your mid section and rip you to shreads. Could be a horrible way to go…

Viloth - looks to me more like some type of surpent snake but by the looks of things in the screenshot hes verry heavy or just woken up by sleeping soundlessly. either way i would like to think this one attacks either with its tale or with spells. Sounds like like a good enemy to come across either way.

The ablilty to have your enemys fly up in the air when you attack, now thats new. i think if we had particles on and whatnot having carved bits as they fly though the air now that sounds sweet. would like to see that in game instead of a mob just dieing as just a plane old enemy on the ground.

Looking good on the updates keep them comming please :stuck_out_tongue:

question

can these creatures make “combos” for extra damage?

and as for Viloth, I would think it might spit acid at you, or some kind of substance to slow down movement, then hits you with its tail,

but all three monsters look terrifying, can’t wait to see the game in action

The textures of the void looks really bad. Perhaps Crate should really look onto changing new game engine once Grim Dawn is successful. Just saying.

Well, to me TQ is still the best looking ARPG out there, since this is an improved version of its engine, this should not be the problem. (With that being said, I assume they would want a new engine for GD2)

I’d say it has more to do with

Are you referring to the ground? The screenshots were made in a [post=69860]test level[/post]. It does not need to look good. :wink:

I think the graphics are fine, including the void, but it is really close, so not to be that good anyway, and TQ is still a very good looking game to this day. and another thing, Crate would have to sell a heck of a lot of copies to even get close to thinking of replacing the graphics engine, as they are using the one from TQ, heck if they weren’t able to use this engine, GD would probably look even worse, (or we wouldn’t even have GD at all) not that graphics really matter, sentences like that really get up my nose, as people think that graphics are everything, and its graphics that makes a game, but they are wrong, gameplay that makes a game, and everything we have seen, means that in that department, GD will really, REALLY shine, but the TQ engine is pretty versatile, as GD really shows

sorry to say but I 100% disagree with your statement

and as eisprinzessin pointed out, you are seeing the game in a test level, so if you want to see what the final game will look like, check out some of the game vids, then come back and say if you like the gmame or not

I am sure the graphics will look just fine once GD is out. Don’t forget that these screenshots are not in full quality yet.

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/00060213-38-studios-amalur-avait-la-depense-facile.htm
Beware the misadventures with new developpers?

I love the Mesmer Beholder-esque look! He look like a beholder that somebody cut in pieces and sewed back together ! I do hope for a Beholder boss with rays and all that!

Love the update Zantai! These look like challenging enemies that are just waiting for us to turn into loot.
I just voted to see the loot next- gimme some of those sweet sets I’m going to be completing!

…Ludicrous Gibs.
That is all.