[GrimTools] Build Calculator

Hi, would it be possible to add a way to click the 1/5/10/… points number for the mastery bar to assign that amount of points at once in the build calculator?

You already can, just hold Shift key and you’ll add 5 points with each click you do.

@Dammitt
I’ve noticed that when I sometimes cannot load builds in Firefox
(even after clearing GrimTools cookies)
I can still load them in Private Window / Tabs.
Could you tell me why it might be the case and maybe I can replicate it in the normal mode?

I’m going to take a wild guess and say that it is likely an add-on you have installed that is interfering. Since add-ons are (by default) disabled when opening a private window this would readily explain why it works unimpeded in this case. Turn your eyes to your installed add-ons - most likely it might be an adblocker causing the issue.

The easiest way to narrow it down might be to just disable all add-ons in your normal window use and then enable them one-by-one until you find the one that is causing the disruption.

1 Like

My Ad-Block has always been bugged in a way that when I come across a site that requires me to disable Ad-Block and I do it, the site doesn’t register it and I end up using a different browser. Maybe I’ll try disabling the whole Ad-Block next time it happens.

It might have happened due to Cloudflare bot protection which is still on. People reported cases when build loading fails for some reason, after that I’ve tinkered a bit on CF side and it seemed to be fixed. IIrc it has something to do with changing stuff in the same GT tab for quite some time (e.g. an hour or so), opening a new tab fixed the issue back then. Not sure if this will be of any help.

AdBlock has nothing to do with it, you can turn it back on if you want.

1 Like

Is there any particular reason?

I was initially thinking of having links inside IA to view the character in GrimTools, but cloudflare quickly killed that idea, heh.

I report an error in Grimtools regarding not appearing items at all, not only in calculator but also in item database

Calculator:

Item Database

You need to click on those Common / Magic / Rare / Epic / Legendary button
You’ve filtered everything out. Proceed to being ashamed now :laughing:

2 Likes

I don’t know what happened, i’m so much used to have at least rare active… don’t know why it’s all deactivated

Also, i’m not ashamed. I’m ashamed of my life :man_facepalming:

I have the most recent version for the offline app and I’m unable to get links for any builds that I’ve saved. I looked through this topic and I’ve seen people have the same issue, but no one mentions how to fix it. Any help? or is there a location that the files are saved so I can share them like that?

Thank you so much for this awesome tool. I’m using the desktop Calc, Item DB and Map. About the desktop Build Calculator, where does the tool store all saved builds? I want to know it to be able to save them on my Drive/External HDD just like I do with other stuff I don’t want to lose. (sorry if there was any gammar error, using this self taught english)

Hello, I’m newbie in GD and having problems using grimtools. After couple of weeks of using grimtools cloudflare stopped redirecting me to the site. It is just endlessly “checking your browser” and reloadin the page. At some point I managed to access the site and download the offline version of grimtools, but the app is unable to load link of popular builds - or any build I’ve tried to feed to it.

I’m using Firefox which clears cache when I close it and my Ad-Block is disabled for GT if those matter. However it gets stuck on checking browser on Chrome as well.
Works on mobile on Firefox Focus though.

When I have some problems with Grim Tools on FF, I open it in Private Tab and it always helps.
And the issue in normal tabs goes away after an hour or so for me.

Tyrants prefix on a 2h weapon is still listed to go up to 30%reduced damage.
Might be connected to the bug that 2x 1h weapons get their tyrant’s reduction added.

Hmm, I tried to open Grim Tools on FF’s private tab and Chrome’s incognito tab, but neither works for me. Thanks for the suggestion though!

The problems has become permanent for now. I’m literally locked out of using Grim Tools for saving/loading builds.

I also sometimes switched to Opera when having problems on FireFox :thinking: Also it has VPN, maybe it can help.

1 Like

Well look at that, it works after turning VPN on in Opera. It’s not optimal solution, but my Grim Dawn summer days are saved! :smile:

Big thanks to you tqFan! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is why I have the off-line tools as back up.

It seems that it doesn’t download builds based on links from what I’ve read and experienced myself nor does it generate links so it’s not a good back up.