[GrimTools] Build Calculator

If any sizes are made smaller, it’ll look pretty ugly, e.g. in the screenshot you’ve posted you’ll see all items in one column which is not that usable imho. You might wanna change page zoom a bit if your screen resolution is that small.

This screenshot is for the offline version. I cannot save my build. My screen resolution 1366x768.

Ok, I see. I’ve updated desktop version once more. You can change zoom level via [shift] + [+] and [shift] + [-].

3 Likes

Hi,
I noticed that 1 suffix has its granted skill shown at the wrong level.
That would be “of Insight” and I suspect “of Kings” is also bugged.

I had an item with “of Insight” around and the values did not match GT.

Don’t know if any of the rest affixes are correct, too hard to tell with the scaling in game.

They will match once you give the suffix to an item on your char I think

Yeah, it does do that. But still inconvinient when browsing though the Item Database.

Yes, actual stat values / skill level depend on the item the affix is attached to. I don’t see any other viable way to display affix values, because depending on the item affix may have like 10-20 different variations, so the base values are shown instead. If you have any suggestions, feel free to post them.

1 Like

Not sure if this is an already known thing,
but damage conversion is not being applied to retaliate (at least from items) in the build calculator.

“Veil of shadow” not displayed in “Permanent buffs”.

It doesn’t have any bonuses that change players stats that why it’s not displayed.

exactly, I blunt :slight_smile:

Probably based on item level then?

On that assumption, the one “solution” I liked to most is to base it on required player level when there is no item selected. This should give a nice average.

Also can you make holding contorl key remove/assign all points in a devotion?

It’s not based on item level, but on item scaling prop, so it’s per item, not per “some generic stuff that can be applied to all items (like item level)”.

The Elemental damage temporary buff from “of Insight” items doesn’t show correctly in GrimTools:
That’s the character: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxRgkMN
She has 2 items of Insight, and that’s how they activate ingame: (no buff - 1 buff - 2 buffs)

(The items have +90% and +102% Elemental Damage temporary buffs)
What GrimTools shows: (no buffs - both buffs)

The stats on items in GrimTools are correct:

1 Like

Dammit stated a few posts above that GT shows base values for suffixes like “of Insight” due to there being too many suffixes and it wouldn’t be easy to implement.

1 Like

I noticed that the “of Blood,” “of Corrosion,” “of Decay,” “of Frostbite,” “of Ruin,” “of Scorching,” “of the Aether,” “of the Void,” and “of Thunder” suffixes are showing up in their level 70, 80, and 90 forms as eligible prefixes for daggers and scepters. Is this a Grimtools issue or a game issue? I don’t recall seeing in-game drops with these suffixes as prefixes.

They show up in GDStash options so they’re in the game’s database. Whether they still drop at those high levels I don’t know. They certainly do drop at lower levels though.

I think maybe you misread my post— this isn’t a case of whether they drop at all, but rather whether these suffixes appear as prefixes in-game, since grimtools build calculator allows you to select them as such.

A quick check of my own GDstash crafting tab isn’t showing the suffixes as available prefixes for a couple of random daggers and scepters, so my best guess is that this is a grimtools error, though I could be wrong.

To clarify, when I said

I just mean that only the lv70, 80, and 90 versions of these suffixes show up as eligible prefixes for daggers and scepters, whereas the lower level versions of the suffixes (e.g. lv55 versions) do not.

So you’re saying GT is giving you “of Blood Scepter of Frostbite” for example?

Yep. Or better yet, you can select “Of Blood” “Bloodsworn Scepter” “of Blood” in the build calculator. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But as far as I can tell, you can only do this for daggers and scepters, though it’s possible that I may not have found all instances of this phenomenon. (For example, I haven’t combed through armor or jewelry affixes to see if something similar arises there. On the other hand, searching “of Blood” in all gear slots only shows prefix results when you select the dagger or scepter subcategory in either hand slot.)