[GrimTools] Interactive World Map

I don’t know if you wan’t help filling this in or what not. Just found that Zanbrant, the Ascended (part of the Bounty: The Warden’s Slaves) is not on the map. He is located just north of his notes, between the pillars. Thanks for the great work!

Thanks for letting me know. I don’t manually add any stuff in any of the tools, there’s probably just a bug in the logic that extracts relevant monsters from bounty tables that should show up on the map. I’ve added this to my todo list.

Hello Dammitt,

In the German Grim Dawn Forum we have a huge discussion about the shields, which are called “Totally Normal Shield” and so on.

I hope you can translate the text with Google to read some posts.

https://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11943&start=855#p237047

We have noticed that these statues which drop the shields, with the exception of the first (Horrans shrine in our discussion), are not on your map. You will also find screenshots there.

We have decided to tell you this, with a request to check if it is possible to integrate it into the map. The 4th location of the last shrine with the remaining shield we have not found yet.

Hallo Dammitt,

wir haben im deutschen Grim Dawn Forum eine riesige Diskussion über die Schilde, die “Ganz normaler Schild” usw. genannt werden.

Ich hoffe du kannst den Text mit Google übersetzen um einige Post zu lesen.

https://titanquest.4fansites.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11943&start=855#p237047

Wir haben festgestellt, das sich diese Statuen woraus die Schilde fallen, mit Ausnahme der ersten (Horrans Schrein in unserer Diskussion), nicht auf Deiner Karte befinden. Du findest dort auch Screenshots.

Wir haben uns entschieden Dir dies mitzuteilen, mit der Bitte um Prüfung, ob es möglich ist, dies in die Karte zu integrieren. Den 4. Standort des letzten Schreines mit dem verbliebenen Schild haben wir noch nicht gefunden.

1 Like

I didn’t update the map last time, so references to new items weren’t propagated to other tools. I’ve updated all tools to 1.1.3.1 now, map included, and the issue is fixed.

2 Likes

Oh, thats fast, thank you…

Hello, Temple of Osyr actually has a black map in my Browser (actually Version of Chrome). Dont know if this is a temporarly problem.

So I thought I’ll report this here.

https://www.grimtools.com/map/de_e/markers/shrines/12292

BTW: the links in the seperate tools, if i click at the information symbol “i” link all to the main page of the forum, no more to the subforums of the tools

Thanks, the issue is fixed now.

1 Like

Hello Dammitt

I think you should rethink the zoom function in the map again. I’ve already mentioned that a long time ago. Now that the new character from Loyalist Pack 2 has arrived in DC I noticed that again. The symbols are sometimes superimposed several times and very badly selectable. Yes, and I know that some icons split when clicking, but that does not help, that just makes it worse.

In the game you can zoom in much further.

The behavior of the devotion screen is reversed. There you can zoom out wonderfully in the tool to keep track.

Remember: not everyone has a huge screen and then sees only a part …

There are no plans to change zoom function in the nearest future. I just don’t have time/patience/pc power to render it, it will take 20+ hours to render everything on +1 zoom level on mid-tier pc. Currently there are 500k+ tiles for the map in total for all locales on 4 zoom levels, it will be 2500k+ tiles on 5 zoom levels… yeah, I’ll pass.

The technology behind devotion view and map is completely different, and there’s no way to reuse the same way devotion view is implemented in gt map.

Overlapping symbols on the map might be fixed in the future, or maybe grouped, idk.

Remember: not everyone has a huge screen and then sees only a part …

Remember: I’m doing this for fun …

1 Like

Hi, Dammitt.
There is no world map photo in Chinese World Map Tool, while it’s normal in English. Could you fix it please? Thanks.

I attach a screenshot to show the bug. My browser is Chrome.

Site is down for me, do we need to donate more?

Dammitt mentioned in another thread that if he updates things it will be in english because it takes too much time to update everything in every language.

1 Like

Oh, I see. I didn’t notice that post. Thanks.

Since two days site is down impossible to load the map.
In fact I think the site grimtools.com does not exist anymore ?

Well, it would be since the site is down.

""Dammitt
GT is down because my account was suspended. I’m on vacation for two more days, so I can’t do anything to resolve the issue, access to site data was revoked and I was only provided a backup. I will be switching hosting and moving data somewhere else, so there’s a high probability that the site won’t be available until the next weekend.
I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but the timing is pretty bad and my hands are tied in this case.

P.S. Inmotion hosting sucks, at the very least their plans and conditions are not as transparent as it looks."

2 Likes

Any plans when this will work again?

I’ll rebuild map tiles in couple days and post an update, sorry for such long wait.

1 Like

The map was updated earlier today, it fixed the issue with missing tiles in all locales.

1 Like

thx for the map! Great Job!