Guide for helping how to choose your build!

Not a bloated clunky wall of text / 10 :frowning:

Solid guide otherwise :yum:

Thank!

I am not sure about pets,you are the expert,so is my assessment correct.

This is a guide for making tables in discourse forum https://meta.discourse.org/t/create-a-table-using-markdown-on-your-discourse-forum/66544

Col A Col B Col C
A1 B1 C1
A2 :smile:

Too lazy to do that,at least this week will not be possible.Damn I should start playing with pets :smile:

Yup. For general purposes,

Conjurer = tanky
Cabalist = damage
Ritualist = also damage (but not quite the level of Cabalist)

Going with 2 pet masteries > 1 pet & 1 non pet for new players
And Hybrids are generally a bad idea unless you really want one.

So, everything is spot on :blush:

I made a class table, which has an empty header row - it’s required nevertheless.

source code
||||||||||
|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|
|[[color=#52d6b1]Arcanist[/color]](/tags/arcanist-build)|||||||||
|[Sorcerer](/tags/sorcerer)|[[color=#dc7935]Demolitionist[/color]](/tags/demolitionist-build)||||||||
|[Mage Hunter](/tags/mage-hunter)|[Purifier](/tags/purifier)|[[color=orchid]Inquisitor[/color]](/tags/inquisitor-build)|||||||
|[Spellbinder](/tags/spellbinder)|[Defiler](/tags/defiler)|[Apostate](/tags/apostate)|[[color=slategray]Necromancer[/color]](/tags/necromancer-build)||||||
|[Spellbreaker](/tags/spellbreaker)|[Saboteur](/tags/saboteur)|[Infiltrator](/tags/infiltrator)|[Reaper](/tags/reaper)|[[color=slateblue]Nightblade[/color]](/tags/nightblade-build)|||||
|[Warlock](/tags/warlock)|[Pyromancer](/tags/pyromancer)|[Deceiver](/tags/deceiver)|[Cabalist](/tags/cabalist)|[Witch Hunter](/tags/witch-hunter)|[[color=#80d64d]Occultist[/color]](/tags/occultist-build)||||
|[Templar](/tags/templar)|[Shieldbreaker](/tags/shieldbreaker)|[Paladin](/tags/paladin)|[Oppressor](/tags/oppressor)|[Dervish](/tags/dervish)|[Sentinel](/tags/sentinel)|[[color=#ff3030]Oathkeeper[/color]](/tags/oathkeeper-build)|||
|[Druid](/tags/druid)|[Elementalist](/tags/elementalist)|[Vindicator](/tags/vindicator)|[Ritualist](/tags/ritualist)|[Trickster](/tags/trickster)|[Conjurer](/tags/conjurer)|[Archon](/tags/archon)|[[color=#0099ff]Shaman[/color]](/tags/shaman-build)||
|[Battlemage](/tags/battlemage)|[Commando](/tags/commando)|[Tactician](/tags/tactician)|[Death Knight](/tags/death-knight)|[Blademaster](/tags/blademaster)|[Witchblade](/tags/witchblade)|[Warlord](/tags/warlord)|[Warder](/tags/warder)|[[color=#dfaa4c]Soldier[/color]](/tags/soldier-build)|
||||||||||
|[classless](/tags/classless)|||||||||

Thanks, @eisprinzessin next week,when I will have my PC internet and fee time will do that!

Coughing, well I won’t agree with your statement - based on my experience this classes can do well even when they don’t yet reach 100 lvl and end game. :wink:

@Strannik ,my idea is that a lot of players only roll one character and when they start with it,intent to play with all the way.

So if they pick Defiler and level it,probably will disappoint and creating new one will take time.That’s why I don’t recommend these class combos.

Warlock for example has easy start,OFF+Fireblast and Vulnerability will carry you quickly through normal.

I see, makes sense.

Not sure about Defiler, but Warlock and Battlemage builds are easy to start and can deal with high end campaign content on Ultimate.

Battlemage have the luxury of Krieg Set,but not -x resistances in either class is major problem.

Warlock is very good early game,but mid-late game is inferior to Mage Hunter.Also Warlock don’t have much viable options.

Defiler have dual RR aether from both classes,but still is not easy class for starters.Defiler is not excellent in any style or damage type.

The absence of RR (except maybe soldier’s War Cry) is an issue, but not major problem from my point of view. I tried physical FW/Devastation, elemental and aether melee/ranged builds and all of them were Ok for at least campaign content on Ultimate. Non-physical battlemage builds could be not easy class for starters.

Depends on what do you mean by “viable options”. Believe me, I had a lot of experiments with Warlock builds and even with weird builds as well. :wink:

What about ranged or caster like Defiler builds?

1 Like

Ok @Strannik ,you made good points.

I just pick damages and styles top classes,according to my experience and these combos lack mentions.

I am not saying they’re not viable,just that there’re much better options.

Like what aether caster is better as Defiler,than Spellbinder or even Apostate.

For Krieg build,Death Knight outperforms Battlemage.Warlock is usually outclassed by Mage Hunter or other combos.

So my idea was to help new players makes rational choice.I personally play with BM and Lock and by any means am not advocating to not pick them as classes :slight_smile: .

In the section “Conclusion of Classes” you did not include pets, skaters and shield throwers

1 Like

That’s pretty keen observation.Pets section I think covers them.Skater,I see if it’s gonna be added later.

yeah I was just wondering about the “conclusion” part one might think that you draw the conclusion that pets is not good starting build

Ok,actually I didn’t know how good are for starters,but will correct that.

pets are great
and I like my beginner skater and captain americans. You recommended vanquisher set in the “ease of gearing” also which is for skaters

Defiler is tragic for lvling. Necro has no support for fire whatsoever and aether conversions are only attainable at endgame. @Nery This should be the first paragraph of your guide before “Introduction” - “Stay away from defiler” :stuck_out_tongue:

Defiler,don’t speak that name :shushing_face:

But you can have at low level Fleshwarped Carbine,Idk if it’s useful.