Halloween - OnlyGhosts Damage focused Pet Ritualist

Foreword:

Do you like Ghosts?
Do you want Pets that cannot die?
Do you want to kill every single thing Ingame?

If the answer is “Yes”, then you are in the right place :stuck_out_tongue:
_

This is the Reap Spirit only, damage focused version of Ishtar.

Note: Requires both Ashes_of_Malmouth & Forgotten_Gods.

• [Pet] [1.1.9.8] (g3) (sr+) Halloween - OnlyGhosts Damage focused Pet Ritualist by Maya (Maya)

• Damage: Pets
    • Active Skills: Reap Spirit, Devouring Swarm, Bone Harvest, ill Omen, Wendigo Totem, Call of the Grave, Mark of Torment, Sovereign
    • Passive Skills: Spectral Binding, Mogdrogen’s Pact, Primal Bond, Presence of Might (x2)
    • WPS Skills: none

Ghost

:ghost: GrimTools Link – https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GyGbLZ

Callagadra - https://i.imgur.com/RFYOvyp.jpg
Took around 3 minutes. Potions and consumables used. Pretty easy fight.

Crate of Entertainment - https://i.imgur.com/AOyK2NG.jpg
Took less than 1 minute. Potions and consumables used. Pretty easy fight.

Ravager of Minds - https://i.imgur.com/JDEPJjv.jpg
Took almost 2 minutes. Potions and consumables used, but fully facetanked :blush:

Shattered Realms 75 - https://i.imgur.com/MffwFrK.jpg
Took around 6 minutes for the entire shard. Potions and consumables used because I wanted to test clear speed. Pretty easy regardless.

Devotion Order –

• Yellow > Dryad > Red > Jackal >

• Purple > Shepherd’s Crook > Nighttalon >

• Typhos > Crab > Green > Raven >

• Scholar’s Light > Remove Green >

• Bysmiel’s Bonds > Mogdrogen the Wolf >

• Rattosh, the Veilwarden

How to Level –

Since the above build is an endgame build, use the information provided below for leveling.

Attributes:

Everything into Physique, except for when you need to invest into Cunning or Spirit to meet the required stats for equipping items.

Leveling:

Start as Necromancer-

We will be focusing on Skeletons first before respec’ing halfway through, into Blight Fiends & Reap Spirit and then going back to invest points in Skeletons later on. The reason for this is that Skeletons struggle Mid-game and hence the shifting of focus for a bit helps make things a bit easier.

Since we are going for a Ritualist, it is recommended that you put enough points in Shaman early on, to get a 16/16 Briarthorn before going back to focus on the Necromancer Side. However, do note that it is optional and not necessary for success.

Devotions:

• Purple > Shepherd’s Crook > Remove Purple >

• Blue > Eel > Red > Viper > Remove Blue >

• Green > Raven > Murmur >

• Yellow > Lotus > Remove Raven >

• Manticore > Remove Green >

• Panther > Crane > Sailor’s Guide > Hound >

• Ishtak > Tree of Life (4 points for Healing Rain)

Skills:

• Lvl 10 – 16/16 Raise Skeletons, 1/12 Undead Legion.

• Lvl 20 – 14/16 Summon Blight Fiend, 12/12 Undead Legion, 1/16 Ravenous Earth (RE).

• Lvl 30 – 16/16 Summon blight Fiend, 12/12 Rotting Fumes, 6/12 Will of the Crypt.

• Lvl 40 – Remove points from RE, Raise Skeletons and its nodes, 12/12 Blight Burst, 1/1 Unstable Anomaly, 16/16 Reap Spirit, 11/12 Master of Death.

• Lvl 50 – 1/12 Spectral Binding, 1/10 Spectral Wrath, 16/16 Raise Skeletons, 1/12 Undead Legion.

• Lvl 60 – 12/12 Master of Death, 12/12 Undead Legion, 8/10 Spectral Wrath.

• Lvl 70 – 10/10 Spectral Wrath, 12/12 Will of the Crypt, 8/10 Call of the Grave.

• Lvl 80 – 10/10 Call of the Grave, 10/10 Mark of Torment, 1/16 Bone Harvest, 1/12 Dread, 6/12 Soul Harvest.

• Lvl 90 – 12/12 Soul Harvest, 1/16 RE, 12/12 Decay.

• Lvl 94 – Respec as needed, according to the build you are going for.

(Click to Expand)

4 Likes

Reddit post - https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/comments/ycu4l2/halloween_onlyghosts_damage_focused_mayatm_pet/

Reserved post.

No changes to build, but managed to get a faster Cally kill :blush:

1 Like

Extremely DPS focused “Glassy” setup - Ritualist, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.8) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

3 Min Callagadra kill, fastest ever for me on a pet build :blush:

Less than 2 min Crate kill with Toughened mutator (70% more HP). I was trying to test build’s tankiness here instead of DPS :3

SR75 - Pretty easy and fast, but do need to take care if doing without potions (potions were used before entering SR, so around 5:30 for a single shard)

2 Likes

Poor Cally!

If you want to expand your pet repertoire - I’ve been trying to convince someone to test and improve this hybrid:
Reap spirits set hybrid

Technically it is an all-pet build as MT, TM, AB are player-scaled pets. :wink:

It will likely play a little different than your preferred style: more player aggro and more player casting. On paper it should have good dps from both sides.

1 Like

Hm, if you can send me a save file, I can give it a try. I don’t know if I will be able to pilot it well though :sweat_smile:

It’s pure TC. I only have GT access at present (platform restrictions) and am suffering GD withdrawl …heh.

1 Like

Alright, give me what you consider to be the most ideal version of it :3

I tend to get lost when it comes to pet hybrids, so no idea which link to to go for or how to make it better.

Think this is the best mix : Spirits and shells hybrid

Devotion bindings may need some tweaks, but pretty sure that fangs is best on stacked BWC.

1 Like

Potions were used right before entering SR, so that should give an estimate of time taken to complete SR75.

Build is pretty DPS heavy and surprisingly durable (contrary to my initial assumption). Need someone with proper piloting skills to take it for a spin though. I don’t think I was playing it properly :sweat_smile:

Wow, quick testing. And a big thanks for humoring me to you Maya.

It looks like it may have potential. For a hybrid, yes? :grin:

1 Like

Ye, definitely. I would say it is worthy of its own build post :+1:

1 Like

Just to put this thread back on track as Maya was kind enough to go OT for a few posts.

Just don’t let Zantai see this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

For those wondering about Bysmiel’s Domination vs Primal Instinct on this setup -

I got pretty much the same time with Primal Instinct, but it was much less safe.

So, go with Bysmiel’s Dom :3

Updated the OP with a slightly more defensive version of this setup - Halloween - OnlyGhosts Damage focused Pet Ritualist - #5 by Maya

I also have no idea on the Crucible meta atm, like how many blessings and banners or whether consumables are used, etc, but was curious on build’s performance. So…

I know 6:30 minutes Cruci clear is like really old metric and considered rather slow these days, but for a mayaTM build, that is a pretty good time :yum:

(Used 4 blessings and 3 beacons)

So apparently you can cheese Cally by hiding in between these cacti. Interestingly the time didn’t really improve by much, which I assume is because half of my Devouring Swarms were getting blocked by the cacti as well…

2nd spot -

There seems to be a few of these spots where cally can’t attack you properly :thinking:

1 Like