[HC] Lokarr Kill Confirmed! (tips appreciated)

Hey folks! I just gota share my joy of finally obtaining the coveted Lokarr set in HC. It’s been a long road with many setbacks including the ultimate HC death: a hard drive. I rebooted with pets and following @Maya 's guides to get myself to lvl100. I actually hit 100 with a pet Cabalist and leveled this Conjurer on Primal Strike but RNJesus kept gifting me with Primal Spirit gear and here we are.

I would really appreciate if you guys can take a look at my skill and devotions or maybe there is some faction gear I’m missing that’s better. This build is meant to farm Elite-SR60-61; so my goal is to take down Elite bosses and clear trash with relative speed. It took down Lokarr with relative ease but I’d have to give up some HP to cap resits for other Ultimate content.

Thank you for your support
grimtools: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnbG1dN
GD%20Mallix%202

2 Likes

Congrats! Good setup, looks very solid!
Now you just need to beat Calla and Crate on Ultimate :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ve finally decided to make a pet build to try something new. How fast was the leveling for your conjurer?

Cap Primal Bond though, you can take points from Manipulation (leaving it at 12 is fine :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

Maya, If you were to make immortal pets, would you go with a conjurer or ritualist?

Conjurer, since the only thing Necromancer has to add to increasing pet survivability is the dmg reduction from RE.

Unless we are talking about literally immortal pets, which are Reap Spirits :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I’m hoping to find a build that doesn’t get evaporated by Calla.

Ritualist would add 3 fat fiends and some ghosts?

Thanks! Leveling as a pet Conjurer was frustratingly slow. Not enough pets and not enough AoE. I switched to leveling with Primal Strike. Pet Cabalist was much faster thanks to Skeletons.

Cally will evaporate anything that is not a Ghost :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Man, I feel like fighting out of a paper bag now at level 53 with my pet ritualist. Even maxed out Briar and Fiend with +500% pet damage, there’s NO damage. Bosses melt… like icicles… literally… it takes long minutes to kill stuff.
#ISuckatPilotingPets
:sob:

This is my Cabalist clearing Elite Temple of Osyr lvl70 using Skellies. Their fragility is not an issue until you hit end game content. Skellies work because any +flat damage is multiplied by 10 bodies. I used elemental flat damage on my build. And you’ll need a tank pet as an anchor in case skellies get wiped out.

Another option might be just bee-line for 16/16 Reap Spirit. They really do pack quite the punch.

1 Like

Your clearing speed is actually pretty decent for level 70! Guess, I should probably drop fiends and briar to 1 point and max out skellies and ghosts. But I’m so spoiled by EoR :rofl:

EDIT: That’s it, challenge accepted! Going to make a new build with unkillable pets that destroy the game 1-100! Or Bust! :imp:

Yes!

Try Windigo Totem + Skellies, it might be enough to keep them alive and adds a decent amount of damage too.

but when you hit end game content them bones must be made of butter because they just melt away

Yeah, noticed that when tried making a skellemancer with the lost soul set. This time, will have to improvise!

Ok, now these are the proper PETs! The Immortal Army!

1 Like

Wow, how on earth did you manage to summon 4 Guardians?
I must be missing something as I have not seen that skill anywhere.

That is a really big game and build changer.

There’s a green two hander and a green helmet. Both give plus one to guardian summons. Just trying to think outside of the meta box here, as usual. At level 50 I now have 6 permanent immortal pets. They destroy everything! At 60 there will be 7. And at 94 - 8! This build is meant to be one of the fastest 1-100 levelling and campaign farming specs. Even faster than my 2H acid EoR.

1 Like

That Immortal Army is one hell of an eye opener!
I now know what my next build is going to be based on.

Only problem is that I am having issues getting those items to drop with my usual RNG curse.
I did a bit of Googling as I have never come across, or simply just must have missed, those green items you mention.

If I am correct the green helmet drops from the seven Magi in Tomb of the Heretic and the green two handed weapon drops from Archon Barthollem?

Spent all day farming for these to no avail so far, but that is nothing unusual with my drop rate luck. :frowning_face:
Perseverance is the name of the game …

I am looking at doing Oathkeeper and Nightblade that will give, (once I get the green items), 4 Guardians and 2 Blade Spirits.

That is only 6, how do you envisage arriving at 8 immortal pets at level 94 ???

Are there items that add to Blade Spirit summon limit? - if so - then that is something else I have been blind to.

I can think of no other game out there that still keeps surprising me after all my years of play and self hubris thinking I know ALL THE ANGLES :star_struck:

EDIT : Just answered my own question there are indeed items and sets out there that increase the summon limit of Blade Spirit. Never knew that! Well here we go with a Blade Spirit Guardian build to keep me busy over the festive season. Some weird looking synergies to resolve, but looks like a nice challenge.

7 pets at level 60 :sunglasses:

I’m going to post a guide shortly. The green items aren’t rare. I got the helmet on my second try and out of 10 Barthollem runs got 3 maces. Plus you can get the mace at level 20 and the helmet at 40. Perfect for levelling.

Edit:

Here you go - [1.1.5.2] [HC] The Immortal Army - Pet Dervish - Beginner Friendly Pet build! Super fast MC farmer!

2 Likes