Hellhound buffs player?

Hey,

I wanted to improve my energy regeneration by summoning a Hellhound.
The stated “increased energy regen. by x%” did not apply to my player, according to character sheet. That´s supposed to be?

THX!

Take a guess :wink:

Well, I´d say it´s unclear. Same phrasing can be found in “Storm Spirit” (raven mod) and the elemental resist DOES apply to the player.

So you imply, energy regen is only for that stupid dog …?

Huh? It is super clear, the bonues are listed under Hellhound Abilities so they only affect the Hellhound

Storm Spirit:

Hellfire:

So its not the same phrasing…

I am also curios why you thought that it was Energy regen on Hellhound that you got, and not the other joozy things like +50% health, crit damage etc :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh darn. Disappointing. I only needed energy cost quite badly, so I did not care for the rest. Thanks anyway!

The Ectoplasm component should help if you are having energy issues early on.

Not to be a dick, but I don’t know how can you misunderstand that. That’s pet that scales with pet bonuses, pets need their own stats. If they actually buffed you, I’d be running with skeletons every time I pick Necromancer for 450% increased HP and 600% all damage. People would basically pick any pet no matter what, because they’d even get free crit damage from only summoning a random pet, even item ones.

Skeletons: 6100 total damage, 675 HP, 6*150 energy regen would be super OP and everyone would pick skeletons all the time. That’d be 44+k HP for a necromancer.

Never played with pets, never looked at those stats so far.
And as always - It´s easy to know, if you know it…

I have 1 pet build, and I know these things just by reading on the skill tool-tip :slight_smile: They clearly states what are the summon abilities and what is shared with you.

Aaaaalright. Maybe it was a stupid question. I admit it.
Thanks for your responses.

But tooltips are not always that clear. Thought, it was just another one of those.
For example (just for saving another thread - maybe this is answered just as fast):
“x% chance for flat energy leech” - Does that one need a %weapon damage to be triggered or not?

Yes 10chars

Great, thx.
I figure, everything with “chance” does not need Weapon Damage? (even it the tooltip suggests it, like the proc from Bloodsong…)?

Have a read here 🤯 malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners :slight_smile:

Been there - great work btw - , but found nothing to that. Did i miss it?

flat properties