Hellhound - Player scaled pet as an option

A suggestion to add a transmuter or an item (you could call it ‘Leash’) that turns the Hellhound into an invincible, with player stats scaling pet.
It’s good to have a friend along ones journey. One that doesn’t disappear after every wave of monsters.

We already have Guardians and Blade Spirits for that.

Pick up the Nemesis or Deathstalker relic if you really want something like that.

And that’s an argument against additional options why? They visually aren’t even pets.

Which require level 60 and 90. Hellhound is available more or less right off the start.

That said, I think Familar instead of Hellhound would be badass as well.

Just pointing out but if the Hellhounds did become player-scaled with a transmuter, then they’d be changed to work just like the Guardians do. So they’d have infinite health and not draw any aggro or block/collide with enemies.

I’d vote for support of hybrid pet builds instead.

Have to agree with Evil_Baka. If Crate did do something like that Hellhound would become like Guardians and Blade Spirits.

I can’t say I’ve found maxed out Hellhound to be particularly squishy early game either. He’s pretty sturdy for most of the game. I may need to resummon him occasionally, but certainly not after every battle. You say waves so are you talking about playing in Crucible?

True. Both Hellhound and Familiar can provide an aura though so they wouldn’t be completely useless while also adding an additional role-playing element.

I posted a similar idea a while ago, but it probably won’t happen.

About a year ago I contributed a change idea related to an existing pet. Zantai response was:

You can do this fairly easily with a mod. Pretty sure Crate won’t add an “option” to change the pet scaling

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.