Hello and build question!

Hello everyone,just started this game a few days ago,I must say I have been blown away by how well designed it is and all the cool things that you usualy don’t see in this genre,congrats and thanks Crate for such a gem!

With that out of the way,I have been toying around with a few class/spells and I found a particular fondness for the ability Drain Essense,and I was wonder if there is a viable build made around it?and if not is it posible to get some help with a theorycraft for it,I would greatly appreciate any aid in this endeavour!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the game and forum!

Drain essence is one of the so called channeling spells, in order to use it, you need energy regen to sustain the cast.

Also it’s possible to build it in different flavors, cold, aether, vitality.

Vitality offers lots of healing through the spell. Aether is perhaps stronger and easier to gear.

Arcanist provides energy sustain and soon will be buffed as class. Maybe is good idea to create Spellbinder, using aether Drain essence.

This is/was also built around DE: [1.1.1.2] THE Z U C C - Phys Retal DE Oppressor - 6min cruci 150+ - SR 75-76

I don’t know how it fares in the current patch though.

Thanks for the reply,yeah I was thinking arcanist is best for it,I found this build on youtube but its pre forgoten gods https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyovw02

Welcome! You have MANY many hours of experimentation and fun ahead of you. I envy you, new to the game and so many things to see and do! Ive had the game for about 4 years or so, and I STILL havent done all there is to do! This is in part due to the awesome developers who keep adding new and interesting content, and also in part due to the enormous amount of replayability in this game since theres so many ways to take each class, nevermind each dual-class combo!

A drain essence build is the latest one ive tried and i have to say its not amazing at first but HOLY HELL does it get fun in the mid game! Like Nery said, theres a few ways to take it. I went the Vitality damage route, and let me tell you its awesome! Necro/Arcanist combo is incredible for this, despite nothing for Vitality damage in the Arcanist tree. The Arcanist skills “Mirror of Ereocretes” and “Maivens Sphere of Protection” serve to help your survivability (although Maivens decreases your damage output which also decreases the amount of life youll steal through drain essence, but its all up to how you want to build).

Necro also has Mark of Torment for further panic button style survivability, when the Mirror is in cooldown or vice versa.

Use completed Ectoplasm components in your rings to boost your energy and energy regen.

Man im so pumped for you! Youve got so much great content to rip into. Enjoy it man, maybe ill see you out there in the field!

Thanks :slight_smile: I can feel your passion eminating through the screen:D,yeah it seems I will have no end of potential content with this game

That’s really dependable of the amulet. You can’t really playing physical DE early and mid game.

Opressor can be made with vitality damage. Presence of Virtue energy regeneration can help. Still I will go aether Spellbinder or Apostate, if you don’t mind lack of energy regen.

For a super beginner friendly Drain Essence build:

Either go with Spellbinder or Apostate and focus on Aether Drain Essence, get one of these off-hands that converets aether to vitality Fleshwarped Tome (you can shop them at Hyram) and hex launcher Hex Launcher faction blueprint, there are more items that grants vitality to aether conversion, like these epic armors and Ga

or Cabalist/oppressor with Vitality Drain Essence, you need some items that converts the aether to vitality.
Budget:

1 Like

I was thinking spellbinder,I found this build build its pre gods,any edits?https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyovw02

You will not get that sort of stuff until like 400 hours into the game.
If you wanna play something similar to Drain Essence that will just clean house, you should check out my Lightning Ray budget build gudie ☄ Collection of malawiglenn's Beginner Friendly builds

I see,thanks for the help:D

I missed some information there
there are more items that grants vitality to aether conversion, like these epic armors Mythical Deathbringer Raiment and Galakros Dread Plating

1 Like

Quick question about the % conversion stuff,if I use those items that converts vitality to aether,how does that interact with a buff like Harbinger of Souls that convers physical to vitality?does it conflict somehow?

you will deal no physical damage with Drain Essence in its purest form.

you can use my guide for learning more about game mechanics 🤯 malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners

Oh man… I never even considered going Aether and converting it to Vit… Damn son! Thats an awesome idea! Thanks for this tip!

Drain Essence deals Aether, Vit and Vit decay damage as base
The Decomposition modifier adds flat vit dmg

For best usage, convert one of the into the other, scale that damage, get resistance reductions for that damage etc.