[HELP] Male Head Mesh swap leads to abomination

Hello, just asking here since i really cant figure out this one, i am attempting to swap male model (head) into another one, (using willfor for testing) but always when i swap the mesh, i end up with abomination of this kind

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/309941110128771073/581910418788843531/unknown.png

i had no issues swaping female model, it works flawless there, the issue happens only for male.

What i know so far :
There is PlayerTextures, value in malepc01.dbr that isnt in femalepc01.dbr, but changing it or removing it had no effect on this issue.
If i put the same mesh (willfors head) as helmets mesh, and equip that helmet, it works fine, and texture loads correctly

I am already clueless about this issue, no idea where to look next or what to try change next, or what i am doing wrong :confused: thanx for any kind of response

Hey Mendez,

You were right to be looking at the “PlayerTextures” parameter. That value is actually an array that can support multiple texture variants. We never got around to using it for GD, but if you swap out that texture for your own, it will change out the Male PC texture, but ONLY for new characters. Basically, when you create a new character, the game looks in that field and randomly selects one of the entries to use for the new character.

Unfortunately, this means you will need to adhere to the existing Male PC’s UV layout. In as much, Willfor, the mesh you wan to replace the PC with will probably not work as-is because I’m assuming the UV’s utilize all of the 0-1 Space. If you make the UVs & textures match the PC layout, you could replace the PC’s Head model with the willfor model. The only way you can change out the texture of existing male characters would be to replace the ‘hero02.tex’ file with a custom texture that uses the same UV layout. I hope that helps!

Thanx alot for the reply, it should help for sure ! :slight_smile: