Help with Bleed build

Thanks! That’s exactly what I was looking for. A good starting point !

Would dual Bloodborer possibly work too ?

Well, actually very good idea but I suggest you keep the shield for tankiness, range RF is better than melee. Problem is build have no CDR and Bloodborer adds 1 sec to VM and since I don’t play range and never used a range with a shield, not sure how that mechanic works. But definitely not suggesting DW melee or range if you want to focus on Vire’s Might.

1 Like

Paladin, as much as I dislike this class, could be an interesting choice here for Goredrinker set. I’m just not certain if Vire’s Might alone can do the heavy lifting while Bleed WoP and Horn of Gandarr are tickling enemies. But if you’re going that route, ignore RF and wps and focus only on VM with something like Gutripper.
Nightblade is probably the more offensive ( better?) option since it has 2 strong bleeding skills in the form of Ring of Steel and Blade Spirits. Also Anatomy of Murder has good bleeding and cunning bonuses which makes cunning dump even more potent ( though Goredrinker is heavy armor so huge cunning dump is not possible here).

2 Likes

First thing to know about bleed is that it’s maybe the hardest dmg type to build around. Reason is you don’t leech health from DoTs, and bleed doesn’t have a direct dmg counterpart. So you need a secondary direct dmg type to make up for it. Usually phys or vit, sometimes pierce. For this reason it’s better to go for poison, burn, frostburn, etc which scale together with their direct dmg counterparts.

Second thing about bleed is that you got Bloodrager set and then long time nothing. As far as I hear from the more up to date GD friends, Goredrinker kinda sucks. My fave is the trickster for the classic melee but “leave them at half health” approach. Vitality hybrids on Demonslayer set are also kinda good, I hear.

3 Likes

Just to be sure I understand how this works. I know I’ve been advised against using dual Bloodborers, but for the sake of argument:

Would I get to apply the modifier to Vire’s might twice ? (and would I add 2 extra seconds to the cooldown too?)
Would both flat bleed damage contribute to the % weapon damage to Vire’s might ?
Would both flat bleed damage stack when using other attacks, or it always just depends on “main hand” damage ?
Would the extra damage from the modifier be triggered from enemies stepping on volcanic stride’s trail too ?

Yes

Any flat bleed on any item affect your weapon damage and skills that use weapon damage. If it’s below %100 then it scales accordingly. (example; 50/73 Bleeding damage over 3 sec on Bloodborer)
On the other hand, modifiers on items affect only the stated skill.(720 Bleeding damage over 3 sec on Bloodborer) Ofc since VM has weapon damage on it, all other bleeding damage you have will be added to skill’s bleeding damage and will be combined.

I’m not sure on this matter, never made a build focuses on VM before; it’s better to let someone else answer this.

1 Like

No, volcanic stride is like a separate skill. Only the mobs being hit by the VM will get the bleed

1 Like

Ok, thanks

…But it could trigger, say, Rend, living shadow, Falcon Swoop or other “on attack” procs ?

One more silly question

If I dual-wield 2 Butcher of Burwitch, could I trigger its ability twice as often or is the cooldown applicable to both ? Are they considered separate sources ?

If i’m painting the whole screen in WoP and volcanic strides trails, could I theoretically get 2 triggers every 0.5 seconds ? Would they stack on the same target ?

Yes and is a very good devotion proccer!

1 Like

They should stack. I’ve made a meme build in the past stacking as many Doom Bolt procs as possible, so these two procs should stack as well.

Edit: looking at the proc itself, the stacking isn’t really a huge benefit because the bleeding damage will just refresh and 25% weapon damage on a bleeding build won’t be very impactful to apply over and over, but it technically works

2 Likes

Eh, it’s at least twice as good :stuck_out_tongue: and It’s 2 sources of DoT that require zero button press

It’s low damage, but you’d be almost unkillable while it’s active considering the lifesteal

Also:

Link please :smile:

We’re talking wayyyy back in the pre-AoM days, so that build has been long dead unfortunately. Honestly I just searched the grimtools for literally every item that granted a doom bolt proc and slapped it together, so not hard to replicate :laughing:

1 Like

I had such build too!
Basically this (updated with new items since I have not played such in like 1,5y)
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwognlZ
(note, riftwarped gloves gives more recharge to doom bolt, but hey we loose one proc xD)
(note of the cabal suffix also give doom bolt proc on off-hands)

1 Like

You also need reflect damage reduction, try to reach at least 70%

1 Like

Reflected damage is a bigger issue with DoT builds ?

On my experience, yes.

Just realise you’re going with Goredrinker, so 10 point on Rebuke, 1 Titan Plating, and Owl devotion should be enough to reach 73%.

1 Like

All of which I planned to get anyway :smiley:
This is shaping up to be quite decent!

1 Like

Update:

Took it out for a spin and this is what I’ve settled on for now.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAaRY4V

I’m not a good enough player to try higher SR shards or anything, but I cleared a roguelike dungeon and it wend super smoothly.
I notice that with WoP and volcanic stride active, I get a LOT of procs going.

Any form of constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated. :slight_smile:

Bleeding trickster

1 Like