Help with planning Purifier Devotions (no high end gear [yet])

Hey,

I’m around lvl 60ish with a Ranged Fire Purifier, mostly trying to keep this one to mouse only (Fire Strike, Thermite Mine, Inquisitor Seal, Word of Renewal, with Aura of Censure). Currently 2H due to gear, but happy to Dual Wield in the long run.

Don’t have any characters on Ultimate so no high level gear to lean on, this will be the/a farmer for that.

My current plan is Ghoul, Fiend, Hawk, Scholar’s Light, Viper, Eel, Solaiel’s Witchblade, Magi, Ulzuin’s Torch, Revenant, Ultos

To do this I’ve had to pass on Hydra (reluctantly), Quill, Rowan’s Crown, and not sure if this was the right choice. In particular I’m wondering if the effort to get to Ultos would have been better spent on those, given it’s not particularly Fiery.

It also leaves me with 6 on strike dev skills (Flame Torrent, Fissure, Meteor Strike, Raise the Dead, Hand of Ultos, Eldritch Fire), which looked fun in theory, but after I map 3 to Fire Strike, Thermite Mine and Inquisitor Seal, I’m down to the 3 WPS that only proc 20% of the time. I can also take Flashbang, though I find it disruptive to FS.

I’ve seen a few end-game build guides in the compendium for Purifier stick things like Meteor, Ultos, or Revenant on WPS, but surely they proc really rarely or am I misunderstanding how the Inquisitor’s WPS work?

Any advice on whether sticking with the direction I’m in makes sense or whether it’s just a terrible idea would be appreciated. Also which devotion to put on which skill for maximum effectiveness. I’ve got Fissure on Fire Strike, Eldritch Fire on Thermite Mine, Flame Torrent on Seal and Raise the Dead on Bursting Rounds atm (haven’t reached Meteor or Hand of Ultos yet).

If you play 2H build Kraken devotion will help you big time. Especially physical resistance is tough to cone by and also massive attack speed boost.

I don’t quite like Ultos for fire builds. You probably don’t have conversion and also you have same RR type and even amount from Viper constellation.

For RR procing you can take Pain as surprise move. Flashbang have utility. Plus it’s your end game goal, playing Desolator(faction bought recipe) Purifier.

2 Likes

Here’s a GT with a typical FIRE setup for 2H guns.
It’s taken from this build.

You can basically use this for any 2H fire purifier - no matter what gear exactly you’re wearing. I also leveled by building up this devotion map. Worked fine. Fire “staples” are Solael’s witchblade, Magi, Ulzuin’s torch. Kraken is almost mandatory for any 2H build. Apart from that, you can switch devotions in and out.

Thanks for the replies all! Has given me some food for thought.

@jawa - that link says I don’t have access to the topic?

It doesn’t seem to exist. I can’t find it by searching the title.

Yeah, weird. Only one I got was a 1.1.5.2 Purfier.