Hosting for steam/gog crossplay doesnt work without UPNP

Hosting for steam/gog crossplay doesnt work without UPNP. Im using GOG, I tryed to open 27016 and 42805 and 42852-42872 range. My friend couldnt connect. Then i tryed opening everything from 0-65535. My friend couldnt connect. Then i enabled UPNP on my router, after that i could host a game where my friend could connect in. But now i played without him so im higher lvl than he so if i host he cant really do anything. Hes playing from steam. So he tries to host, i couldnt connect. He opened 27016 and 42805 and 42852-42872 range, i couldnt connect. Then he opened everything from 2000-65535, i couldnt connect. His router doesnt support UPNP at all so we really couldnt solve this problem and now i cant really play with him. We OFC disabled every other firewalls and antiviruses and everything that could possibly prevent the server. We even tried the 32 bit clients running in admin mode but i still couldnt connect. Please help!

UPNP is going to be the most straightforward solution for the average user, yes.

We can’t speak to the specific setup of your friend and can’t really provide assistance there, but port forwarding is necessary for Steam and GOG to play together, in this case:
42852-42872 (all ports in this range)

Did you read what i wrote? He has no UPNP and we did try to open those ports…

I did read what you wrote and I’m sorry he’s having issues, but we can’t provide insight into how to address your friend’s network setup.

So i have an issue with your game and you cant help to solve it?

slight tangent maybe,
but did you guys try like a hamachi style pseudo lan?
sometimes people have had success with that when they couldn’t use the automated system/regular steam connection

Unfortunately hamachi didnt work either, I really dont understand how that is possible. Like the basic problem, i dont understand whats the difference between opening all the required ports and enabling UPNP since opening the ports didnt work ONLY upnp on my side.
When i check my router running the game it says UPNP is opening the ports: 42805, 42852 and 42855. But when we manually open those it just doesnt work.
It very much seems like that hosting (for crossplay at least, but for sure) depends on some unknown function of the UPNP and without it it just doesnt work, which is dumb

not a networks guy, so can’t tell you how stuff works, other than it can be pretty complicated, and as i understand sometimes it can even be ISP related

i did catch this, tho, did you only open those 2 ports?
because Zantai said to open all from xxx52-72

so that would mean you’re missing opening a lot of ports if so ?

If you read my original post, i mentioned there that we did try and open 42852-42872 and also tried opening EVERYTHING from 2000-65535

sorry for hijacking this thread, but how can people join my games?

the router, that connects to the internet, doesn’t have upnp and can’t manual port forward. and i’m behind a second router that is firewalled pretty hard…
and people can join my game oO makes no sense to me…^^ you sure this isn’t voodoo or GD has steam play? xD

i honestly don’t know

It has been 5 days since i didnt get any meaningful help from the creators

Though I’m confused whether they can or can’t join your games. If they can’t see if anything in that link helps. If they can, what’s the problem?

If your friend doesn’t have any UPNP at all then I don’t think it’s possible to multiplay the game.

thing is, the dev can’t really help, even if they want to, Zantai already explained it, it’s network issue, but they have 0 way of know how your friend’s network is set up

they would have to know what’s going on with your friend’s network, which is probably tantamount to needing Crate to be on location at your friend’s house to gauge how their connection is strung together,
and since you don’t have a little “pocket zantai” to bring to your friend’s house, it’s more limited with what help can be provided when they don’t know the inner workings of what’s going on on your friend’s end

you can try and see if this “trick” works for you/your friend, another person did some investigating into their router when they had a connectivity issue and discovered this solution:

After many trying we managed to find a working solution which is using “Radmin VPN” as a free hamachi like software and with it, i could finally join my friends server. But this issue is pretty serious i think

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.