How about adding another spirit guide in vanilla?

This is not an issue for me because I own Crucible and FG, but I was thinking about those unfortunate souls that still only own vanilla+AoM starting the xp content and realizing that their only spirit guide is suddenly gone and now they are stuck with whatever their builds are until they reach the Coven. Maybe someone wants to change his play style or realized that his build struggles too much and wants to make improvements, but now he can’t because that dick aetherial colossus killed his only respec gal. I think that can be a little disheartening to people starting AoM for the first time, specially because nothing guarantees you that there will be another spirit guide available any time soon unless you ask on the internet (which it’s not an ideal solution, IMO). I don’t think that making players believe that they are losing options is a good way to start an expansion in this genre, IMO.

So my suggestion is to simply add another spirit guide, maybe in the Rover Camp, Homestead or Fort Ikon, so those player can be relieved that they’ll be able to respec despite Sahdina’s death.

Any thoughts?

First time when I was playing AoM was surprised to see the death of Sahdina. But luckily I found the new one in Coven. I agree that can be confusing for new players.

Idea: Add a quest to find the new spirit guide in Covens’.

1 Like

Maaaaybe, but there is still the issue of getting stuck with your build until reaching the Coven. I know it doesn’t take that long to reach, but maybe you’re an occultist and realized that your poison resist sucks big time and you want to invest into Aspect of the Guardian (specially because Carraxus can be a pain in the ass without proper resists) or maybe someone adviced you to change your build a bit because your damage output isn’t being that great.

You can always go to another difficulty and respec.

If you’ve done that on all difficulties, then honestly, you should’ve known better. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, considering that killing Log unlocks the next difficulty, yes, you can use Sahdina in Elite. The problem with switching difficulties it’s that it kind of breaks the flow of the game.

True, but you can always respec, and return to the difficulty you were at before…