How about introducing a housing system to Grim Dawn?

There are many beautiful buildings and objects in this game. It would be quite fun if users could create their own villages or hideouts based on these. Think of a green glowing aether village or hideout, a bloody cult village, and settlers and pets running around the village. It would also be great if there was a function to produce simple components or scrap metal, etc. My English is not good, but as a person who loves this game, I would like to submit my opinion.

What do you guys think?:blush:

1 Like

Well that exists, you can go play Farthest Frontier

3 Likes

been suggested several times, so there is definitely demand
i think it’s probably one of those things that was a resource limitation, among many others, that devs didn’t add systems for it because many others things were just more important (small team remember)
I think one of the mods added a player hideout under devil’s crossing? :thinking: - but i don’t remember which one it was

1 Like

Grimarillion has a personal hideout on an island, you get to it from DC by boat. Just a place to put all the various vendors together really, doesn’t do much else. There’s a riftgate there and also you can access the stashes.

1 Like

But that game makes my computer freeze🤣
I’ll definitely play it when I upgrade my computer. Thanks!!

Thanks for your reply!!:raised_hands:
Of course I know this is a personal desire
But I love grim dawn so much more than any other game, I would be very happy if it was released even in a simple minigame format🤣

1 Like

Thanks for the great info!:+1:

i don’t even know what’s technically possible or “complicated” with GD’s engine, i know “technically” everything is possible with enough magick code, but the more magick = the more dev resources :sweat_smile:

the way i always imagined it, in a more rudimentary/limited way, would be like a combination of how we did the prison cloth quest interaction and repairing bridges/restoring shrines.
Some objects being static/environment assets, ie cloth quest/prison tarp
some being temporarily interactable and then “swapped” like shrines/bridges
But i’ve no idea how complicated that system is to actually implement and add new assets and functions for, even tho “technically” they are already in place elsewhere and seemingly/in ones mind could just be swapped for different stuff.
I recall someone/a modder wanting to make their own bridge passing or custom gate turning out to be actually complicated/more difficult than initially thought, because it wasn’t just a simple swap :sweat_smile:

i don’t know if devs think it will ever be worth their time to do,
but since it’s been requested many times, and hopefully FoA breathes new life into the game, maybe there is a chance it could be one of those bonus features that makes it on to their magick programmer’s “to do list” :crossed_fingers: - can always hope, right? :woozy_face:

Ahah, and then all that’s left is to add first and third person play, the ability to have a romance with Biscilla, and here it is, Grimdawn 2

we already have both fps and 3rd person play
:grin:

I salute your vast knowledge!!
That’s right, we don’t know anything yet, but one thing is for sure: FoA DLC will give new life to grim dawn.
To be honest, I really like POE’s hideout system. I’m not looking forward to it because I think this might be systematically difficult in grim dawn. But your idea is really good. Just a simple “change” will make this world feel alive. I’m so glad to meet someone who thinks the same way as me!!

1 Like

ahaha You are a cheerful person!!
I don’t think what I say is necessarily right because everyone has different ways of enjoying games!! Thank you for your interest.

I am quite looking forward to the romance with Biscilla.

Cuddle up with her soon!

still can’t get over all dem “horny” votes beating out the cool :crate: plush, and so few of them actually ordered Byscilla already :confounded: