How can i move without attacking?

i don’t like to use my main attack skill on left click, but if i’m playing a melee build and i put a skill like savagery on any other button my character will stay in place attacking the air instead of moving to the targeted location (if i don’t target an enemy)

that makes the game feel very clunky when fighting multiple enemies, since when i’m holding down the keybind and hover over terrain the character will just stand still attacking the air. is there a way to change this in the options or with mods?

not afaik, direct attack skills, specially melee will do that regardless which classic setting is on/off
what you might be able to do is to simulate LMB on your hotkey instead, so say you prefer to have savagery on skill bar 3 you can script?/macro? hotkey 3 to be LMB
gonna invoke @tqFan to explain this

*alternatively you just slot “move to” on a button and use that as your main button/movement key, and only press your attack skill/savagery when actually intending to engage enemies

1 Like

I do this with a program. I usually have main attack (and other skills on RMB) and since the behavior a default attack bound to RMB is not optimal as you have noticed, I make RMB press LMB instead.

some_config.ini for GDAutocaster:

[general]
suspend_key=Tab

[combo holds]
combo1=RButton:LButton

(you can suspend this with Tab in this config)

alternatively in a simple AutoHotkey you can do

some_ahk_script.ahk:

Tab::Suspend

RButton::LButton

which is a true rebind (in contrast to my program) that you can toggle on / off with Tab (or other button if needed) as well

2 Likes

I often put force move on lmb and just use asdfvcxz, then t/g/rmb, for up to 11 active skills. I use the 2nd skills menu to activate my passives (accessed via q). If 11 active skills and enough spots for up to 10 more passives isn’t enough, then please share your build b/c I might like it. :slight_smile:

For what it’s worth, you can hold ‘A’ by default to move, but I think tqFan’s solution is probably closest to what you’re looking for.

that has nothing to do with the issue i mentioned