How do the DOTs on Overload work with conversion to a single element?

So the skill overload has a 33% chance of applying burn, electrocute, or frostburn. What I want to know is if those dot procs count as separate dot sources if converted all to the same type or if you lose out on damage by converting. I searched and saw this question has been asked both here and reddit and I found conflicting answers.

The reason I’m asking this question is I am curious about how useful putting points into the skill would be with the spellscourge set which converts all elemental to physical.

It does what it says. Every time you do weapon dmg attack, the game rolls d3 to determine which one of the three stats is added. Each stat is a flat dmg bonus of different element. So, if you convert 100% elemental to internal trauma, you get internal trauma on every roll.

That is, unless it’s bugged. Many things are, sadly.

Yeah what I’m curious about though, is if I roll “electrocute converted to internal trauma” on one hit from blade arc and “burn converted to internal trauma” on the next hit, will they stack or just apply whichever is a higher dot.

Oh, that is what you mean… I’m 80% sure it doesn’t stack.

I tested it with a couple of viper sandsplitters on a low level character because I was curious. So yeah 2/3rds of the skill’s damage is just lost with conversion.