How do we feel about this 'Build Considerations' chart?

Sure, I get that.

I suppose one thing is clear - Very few people are interested in having benchmark figures for DA in the flow chart. :smiley:

Let’s see: First of all, why not full Voidsoul (or Black Flame set)? Ravager’s Eye in weapons could be Dreeg’s Terror (maybe Coven’s Terror in shield for hp); points in WoR could be spent in Mirror and Nullification (just dispel those DA debuffs :wink:); points in IEE could be spent in Fabric of Reality. Belt is no damage either. As for devotions, Obelisk route over Abom is an immense damage loss, especially on a weapon damage base build. Some components could be changed also, especially those in gloves for cast speed.

All in all, 2.1k% damage with all procs chaos build is veeery low. You could easily get 1k more; and a lot of flat too. So yea, you’re flushing A LOT of damage down the drain to get that amount of DA.

Let me PM you, I feel like we’ve moved away from the original point of the post.

Thanks for the bad news, and I went to sleep dreaming of a flowchart as a cake recipe…

1 Like

I think the broader point around DA is, it’s all in context. If a build is solid, a DA shred that gets it crit might just mean a circuit breaker is triggered, which covers that debuff period. Or you move away for a second.

I think there’s a lot of confusion caused by people trying to get the ‘recommended’ stats for defense. Instead, people need to understand what layers they have and how they fit their build’s playstyle (which the checklist makes you think of).

Especially with dodge now, glass cannons have new opportunities, even tanks can take a little bit off the defensive side if they’re game.

The right build will survive with 1500DA, the wrong build will die with 3500DA. Hence when referring to the chart, you need to understand how to approach it: What’s my build? How does it play (and where, i.e. campaign/SR/Cruci)? What defenses/offenses do I already have? What’s causing me trouble still (offense/defense)?

3 Likes

ye, i think that’s an important point, overall build context matters a lot and is going to matter so much that putting fixed values might be both confusing and “detrimental” to people looking for a simple time constructing builds
so that’s probably something that deserves to be emphasised, also so people can learn from it more than just being aware of it

1 Like