How do you play?

Hi all,
I’m playing this game for the second time since a while and I believe to not understand something…
I mean there are too many classes and stats in this game that the probability to drop what you are looking for is very close to ‘0’…

I really like the game as mechanics/difficulty, but now that I’ve ended the story with my only lvl 100 also in ultimate, I would like to improve it so to reach better crucible lvl or higher SR, but how…

So haters aside that will tell me that people will just use GD Stash to create the char and the gear it needs (and if it is the case, what is the point to play? Just theorycrafting and see how far you can go in crucible or SR?), how do you play?

I am considering different choices:
1- I’ve a lvl 100 only at the moment and I’ve now moved it (after a copy) in MODs with Smash’N’Grab that enhance a lot the chance to drop legendaries… and now… I played today roughly 4h and I’ve dropped a lot of stuff (let’s say i.e. 50-60 if not more Legendaries lvl 94), but… none of them is what I’m looking for… so I’m a bit disappointed and I do not see the reason to play…

2- What about creating a lot of classes and play all them together roughly keeping the same lvl so that what I drop can improvo some of my other characters…

3- Giving up for the 2nd time and trying something else.

So bottomline, how do you play?
Have you any recommandation?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Reroll, have fun and repeat. If you love a character, play it as long as you like. For me that’s Archon, Oathkeeper and Shaman are my favorite masteries and they are fun together. Not OP but absolutely fun.

As for the drop rates, there are things that you can target farm if you know where to look. Others are very low drop chance or take a long time to be able to craft, and then you need to roll the right secondary. So it can take commitment. I still like self found gear because it doesn’t mean anything to me to press a button and have all the free gear. I’d rather be behind the curve but enjoy myself.

2 Likes

The game is made to allow you play with multiple characters. Some of the gear is tailored for specific builds and theirs also more universal pieces and faction gear to act as substitution.

Ofc some builds are easier to gear but for low price you can still have very good build.

Ok so let’s the alt feast begin :wink:

Thx for the suggestion, actually it was already what I did this evening… tried to roll a cabalist and it is fun going around with all those skeletons+fiend+crow :wink:

Cheers

Just leech multiplayer gladiator crucible games. You’ll have your gear in no time. Having said that you can also find most items just playing game a lot. I have 2400+hrs of play time and you’ll find 80-90%items you want it’s always one piece per theory build you won’t find.

If i’ve “finished” a Game in sense of Campaign and stuff, for me this is the Part where i don’t really try to find Goals but rather play what i’m up to and to set my own goals. So my advise is rather looking for what you “WANT” to do, and not what you “MUST” to do next. I can’t help but get the feeling people get pretty easily demotivated when they enter the face of “I must do this next, and this…” after they finished Campaign and Stuff, because it feels kinda “forced”. But if you boot up a class / character which you wanted to play, you get more naturally to the point where you do specific stuff like beating crucible and such. A Game should in it’s core still “fun” to play and not feel like you work off a list of “What to do next?”.

Oh, haven’t thought of that before. Thanks for the tip!

Never even tried the multiplayer… I do not even know how it works…
I imagine that people in multy play crucible and SR, correct?

Wolcen is getting released soon, and everyone is hyped for it. So you can go for option 3, give up Grim Dawn and try an elevated ARPG experience. :smiling_imp:

Speak for yourself. I’m not hyped for it and never have been. A lot of people who initially backed it or wanted to back it are disappointed with the direction it’s taken. It may be some sort of ARPG experience, but I’m not sure it’s going to be an elevated one - whatever that’s even supposed to mean.

1 Like

There’s a lot of theorycrafts that I come up with mostly on a whim, I’ll just look through the item database and get a sudden burst of inspiration for one item or playstyle that I won’t have had before and try to put a character plan together for it.

The ones that look decent in terms of stats, I feel are feasible to put together (not reliant on double rare MIs unless I already have them) and I really like are the ones I level and play.

In terms of performance, I’m happy with being able to clear roguelikes/Nemeses at a minimum as some of them really push the limits of what should work for how quirky they are (for example, I wouldn’t expect the full Wildblood + 3pc Justice build link I put together long ago to be Crucible-worthy :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like

Define… everyone.

2 Likes

I would call Wolcen anything but a highly hyped up elevated ARPG experience. It’s just a flashy D3 knock-off with a long history of unfulfilled promises and continuous starts from scratch that’s set to be released in an unreasonable close date, meaning that it probably will be released in a very incomplete state.

And its price has been increased recently lol…

Hey @Darkwave76, I recently started a new account from scratch. I too enjoy the natural progression and don’t use GD stash. To each their own though.

There are some things you need to consider.

1. Transmutation is your friend. Most sets have a blueprint for one component. If you can craft just one component you can obtain the whole set through transmutation. Farming Normal SR60 aught to get you plenty of blueprints to get things started.
  2. Factions sell some decent blueprints for weapons/items.
  3. You set your own fun parameters. On one hand you want to play the game’s RNG slot machine. On the other hand you don’t like the RNG slot machine. Seems you’ve set you’ve set yourself up for failure.