How does jajaja’s old Saboteur have +100k DPS?

I’ve wrapped my head around it, but I don’t get it.
Maybe the game has changed a lot and it’s no longer possible to get that much DPS on dual-wielding chars, but still the only toons I have that even come close to having 100k DPS are AAR Sorcerer, Primal Strike Druid and Elemental Savagery Warder. The latter two have nearly 100% Crit damage and ridiculous bonuses for their damage type, the Sorcerer uses a skill with insane base damage and has a lot of bonuses to Aether damage.
The Warder also has nearly 100% RR but doesn’t deal 100k per second.
All in all, I can’t get how Sabo, that I struggle to even gear so it doesn’t have 8k HP and less than 2000 OA/DA , can manage to get that much DPS. Is there something I’m missing?

what is “jajaja’s old saboteur”?

My PS and AAR builds have more than 200k sheet dps, if you are stuggling with the builds then perhaps post GT link to them and we can have a look at them.

Sheet DPS doesn’t include Crit, right??

Nope it does not.

Yeah the Crit thing was an oversight on my part, but it was mainly because in the guide to make Tri-Element Saboteur jajaja says it doesn’t have that much Crit damage, yet in videos it looks much faster than my Elemental Warder that has 100 Crit damage and 2800ish OA.

Are they vanilla characters or do they use AOM/FG items? I only have vanilla and I have problems going past 60k sheet DPS for most characters

ok you are talking about some stuff I don’t know about (vanilla GD) :slight_smile:

jajaja’s Saboteur is indeed out of date by a longshot, especially considering it’s the base game one you are looking at.

For a dual-wield melee character like the one he made, you generally want to look at these areas for increasing your damage:

• Flat damage. How much damage one can stack to their weapons. Saboteur has it’s biggest sources in Lethal Assault and Dual Blades so you’ll want to consider ways of converting damage on any of them to your character’s preferred damage type. Devotion and equipment offer several ways of obtaining more.
  • Attack speed. Saboteur gets Pneumatic Burst and Vindictive Flame. You should be able to hit the cap of 200% pretty easily.
  • Your replacer. You want a default attack replacer to empower your attacks, a lot of skill bonuses in it and as with flat damage to consider conversion if it’s heavy on additional damage like Fire Strike is.
  • WPS. These don’t count to sheet DPS but are still significant damage increases regardless. Saboteur has Execution, Whirling Death and Belgothian’s Shears as some of it’s best ones.
2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!
Though I fear that build has been hit pretty hard since the glory days.
Elemental Balance proc doesn’t give attack speed now, Warpfire doesn’t convert 95% Cold to Fire and there’s things I probably don’t even know.

I have DW melee aether Saboteur and it has almost 100k DPS and I would call that low for a DW melee. But of course Sabouter has no aether damage support. So it is not difficult to get this DPS.

I think people are missing that he’s playing a base game character so max level for him would be 85 with no Mythical-tier items :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

I remember trying to make an Aether Saboteur with Blaze Heralds and failing miserably :sweat_smile:

Actually it kills stuff OK. Problem is Saboteur’s general squishiness but only in SR 80. SR 65-66 is easy with it.

Somewhat yes, Saboteur has been left behind over time but the recent major update tried to help on that front by giving it new toys in new places. Unfortunately, a lot of it is part of the expansions.

This dude does not even have FG :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

OK then :slight_smile:

Jajaja… Now that brings memories. A vanilla legend.

1 Like