How I feel about GD's endgame

I personally find Crucible extremely funny, thus entertaining. :>

I used to lurk and read this forum every day, years ago. I return to browse out of curiosity due to the recent expansion announcement. I see the same small handful of terminally angry people with nothing better to do than play thousands of hours of crucible insulting the devs in this, the very first thread I opened. I have absolutely no idea how dev patience hasn’t been utterly exhausted by the condescending entitlement on display.

I’m mad too. Mad enough to make an account. In most other cases this game would’ve been “finished” so many years ago. We should be appreciative of what we’ve been given (far, far, far beyond our financial exchange), let alone what’s coming, let alone to be so rude about it and put the devs down. If this forum wasn’t so above (in a good way) personal attacks and off-topic raving I would have so much more to say about the concerned individuals. I’ll leave it at that.

3 Likes

They are angry that their crucible races went from 3 minutes to 3 minutes and 15 seconds.

Unfortunately, it’s you who is rude here - by making a complete off-topic comment. All the same, it’s only you who are making personal attacks.

I’ve done an insane amount of free work for this game and its community for zero personal gain. Same goes for several people i know, and they feel the same or close to the same way about GD’s endgame. “Yeah, i enjoy making builds in GD. No, i don’t like GD’s endgame gamemodes”, - is a very common sentiment among the veterans of the game i know.

So yeah, if i feel (and i still do) that SR and Cruci are flawed gamemodes that can be significantly improved for all the current and potential new customers, i damn sure will express this feeling. I might use the wrong wording due to heat of the moment. But the feeling comes from good will for the game to be better - not to my personal liking but objectively better.

In all honesty I don’t mean to be rude. But you are not doing free work here.
You are playing the game - in a way you like the most.

Of course such experienced players will have something to say and propose, but I would not go that far and call it free work. Do you expect gratitude? I think you have a lot of it from the player base which admires and uses tons of yours builds.

And if you are not having fun when doing it for free then stop doing it.

Respect for all of your work!

4 Likes

I have done free work, it’s just what it is, call it volunteer or anything you like. I don’t expect gratitude or personal treatment. I’m saying that because it’s pretty ridiculous to suspect malice from a person who spent thousands of hours creating builds for the community and posting feedback and bug reports for devs.

The post was created for people to share their overall feelings about GD endgame. Let’s be done with sharing a feeling that OP is entitled and rude. If someone feels Crate should be defended from toxic elitists, there is General Discussion section for that.

As it says in the FAQ

1. We don’t need defending.
We read almost everything and we can take criticism. Criticism is Not going to suddenly make us flip our shit and change everything that we are doing with our games.

OP provided feedback, dev responded, a few iterations of that, dev finished responding.
/thread