How to make your own Gladiator: a guide

It still inflicts full piercing damage :rolleyes::

Interesting that armor piercing doesnt behave the same as weapon RR or adcth in this case.

Thank you for this useful information. Could you please advise, how this damage was calculated?

=> Quick summary: top-tier gladiators deal > 750k damage to multiple targets and around 500k to single target per second.

Is it the number on the char sheet? Otherwise what are the variables? Or is it calculated with some tool?

With 3100-3200 DA and Blessing of Ulzuin no enemy except Kubacabra and probably Iron Maiden can deal crit damage to you.

According to my char sheet, Lunal’Valgoth has 21% chance to crit vs 2700 DA. I suppose, 3200 is far from being enough to totally negate crits?

There are a couple of bosses with extremely high OA (twin falls wasp queen is another one) but crits from them don’t really matter because they’re made of glass in Crucible and don’t even do tht much damage. 1.2x of 100 damage is still nothing. Meanwhile, crits from most nemeses will end your run much faster.

Hi! Green text.

I tried Grim Damage and Grim Internals tools, but unfortunately they don’t give an average DPS. Therefore, I used Dummies to calculate damage. Are their resists and DA equal to the ones of an average enemy?

While Lunal does not have high OA, I believe I was terribly debuffed while checking crit chance. He can debuff DA too.

As I see, Ghoul is highly appreciated. Maybe I should reconsider my underestimating attitude to it and replace Solemn Watcher with it… The question is: does its cooldown start after expiration or at the moment of triggering?
Referring the the second OP, Ishtak gives 25% absorption according to the Grim Calc. Is it up-to-date?

To estimate your damage output just fight Mad Queen in campaign. If you kill Mad Queen in 15-20 seconds, it’s enough single target DPS. More time = lack of damage. Best gladiators kill her in 9 or even 6 seconds. If you don’t survive her wave of spikes, take Mark of Divinity to survive the first wave.
Or you can fight any campaign nemesis to do this. In campaign they have ~5 million hp and you don’t have crucible buffs, so I think near 20 seconds should be good too. I’ll provide more correct time when I’m home.

Lunal reduces DA, indeed. But I don’t mean it as a threat, it’s killed instantly. Usually I kill Sentinel first, Lunal walks info fight and gets killed while I still beat Sentinel.

Yes, Ghoul is the ultimate survival tool for melee and other fighters on weapon damage. Its cooldown starts just after triggering, and any celestial power works in the same way.

Ishtak was nerfed in last patch, I’ll remove it, since 25% absorption is rather bad.

“Melee characters don’t heal from ADCtH when slowed” Do you mean they cannot reach their target when slowed, or do you mean ADctH doesn’t function mechanically for melee characters when slowed? If you mean the former case, I imagine characters with great skill mobility can sacrifice some slow resistance.

It means the number of attacks you do per second drops significantly. No whacks = no heals.

Ah, I thought “slow effect” only includes run speed. That makes sense, thanks!