I saw there are mods that add new classes. I was wondering who I might contact and what would be fair pay to commission such

I have an idea for a class I want to the base game. And I was just wondering how I should go about it if I want to commission it from a modder. I’m wondering:

1. Who are some of the best modders in the GD modding community which I could contact for inquiry on this?

2. The saying “Cheap, fast, quality - choose 2” is something I’ve read said regarding commissions in artwork. I’m guessing the same principle would apply here. I’m just looking for opinions on what a fair price would be for something like this. I am oblivious to the difficulty and time requirement involved in making a new mastery class.

There is a lot of variability here that you should think about first. Do you want the mastery only, or do you also want unique items for it ? For items and skills, is it ok to recycle existing textures and effects, or do you want custom ones ? If custom, how custom, ie is a ‘recoloring’ enough or does it have to be an all new effect / texture ? How precise / complete is your specification, do you just say ‘I want a skill similar to this but with X’ or ‘I want this skill with this effect (but colored blue as it deals cold damage), and here are the stats for levels 1-16 and the 10 extra levels’ ? If you go to this detail it should save the creator some time as he does not have to do some research as to what would make sense…

1 Like

I’ve actually finished the class I want in notepad already. Not numerical values, but what core models and skills I want. At what tiers etc. It isn’t “too crazy” and most of not all mechanics and models is already in game.

The class I want is Bloodsworn. Not finding the core mastery classes “summony” enough or thematically to my liking for RP reasons etc. I’ve made a class around a bloodsworn summoner, where most of the mastery is focused on pets and skills that support pets.

No custom models is needed. For spells and abilities, existing spells could be used with a color change. I’m not aware how difficult it is to - for example - make the reap spirit “ray” not triggering a spirit but instead applying a debuff etc.

The premise isn’t super complex. The core of the idea is having up to (at max lvl) 6 cthonian hungerers as your main army pets. 3 fiends which are ranged. 1 Chtonian tyrant as an exclusive pet skill at lvl50. As well as a harbinger. Modified to have the damage or auras wanted. Spell like CoF that instead lowers chaos/vit and reduces life regen, /w an upgrade that let pets leech of them. A passive that transfers a portion of damage you take to your minions. As well as some utilitary buffs, auras and skills.

Sounds fun. Send me a PM with the details.

Nice! :slight_smile: Will send when I have time.

Anything ever came of this ? Will you publish the mastery or keep it to yourself ?

Seems there was a similar one already existing in some mod, so we just dropped it.

1 Like

Well don’t keep us in suspense man…! Which one was it?

I don’t know :S I don’t use any other mods…

I don’t get it. You want a class, someone offers to make it, you both (I assume) decide that something similar exists so creating one is not worth it - and now you do not even know which one it is and therefore cannot play it ?

Also, you are not using any other mod than which one ?

1 Like

It’s psychological. Once Ouro realized it already existed, he lost all motivation to play it.
He wanted to be the creator, the founder, the designer.

2 Likes

The bloodsworn mastery and chthoninan hungerers army… I remember someone on GD discord was making such thing. There was a blood AAR aswell and stuff.
No idea what happened to that project, but there is one video of it.

2 Likes

How can you know me so well in so little time? :stuck_out_tongue:

The worst was when I thought I had an original build idea and Rekt mentioned he had made that exact thing. Instantly deleted my character.

I need to get my creativity out. My latest idea is an ARPG set in a medieval magical fantasy setting. However your character plays an alien cyborg invader. So you are slaying peasants with pitchforks at first, and later knights, then clerics that can heal and cast lightning bolts etc.

By liquidating human enemies and sending their biomass home, you get points you spend on armor upgrades and such. As a cyborg all kinds of stuff like plasma rifles, armblades, scanner to check enemy stats, shoulder cannon, light armor for mobility.

Lots of people have thought about the fantasy of going back in time with modern tech. Why not make that a game…

4 Likes

All that cool tech you are bringing with you (think machine guns and the like) will pretty much guarantee nothing except possibly the magic users are going to be any threat to you. Starting with peasants, and even knights, would be kinda weird cuz it’s a given yer gunna be mowing them down. Unless you want to get super realistic and figure out how yer going to manufacture more ammunition when you run out.

But yer also talking “alien cyborg” shit so now we are even getting into sci-fi futuristic dream tech here.

I was thinking something like starting of broken and crashed in a high tech ship. You dismantle the remains of the ruined ship to create a manufacturing machine (sci-fi 3D printer). This way you can manufacture upgrades and components. You start off at your weakest, being partly broken.

A peasant with a pitchfork could damage and impale you. A crossbow bolt could penetrate your armor. A knight can run you down with a lance. Balancing it isn’t hard from an immersion and realism standpoint.

I was thinking something like starting out with almost nothing. And your character sheet has the standard RPG equipment slots. As well as an implant slots. Software granting passive bonuses. Upgradeable tech and weapons.

Having a plasma rifle and heavy armor, despite being high tech, would still have you on equal footing if outnumbered or flanked. The “Science Vs Might and Magic” can easily be implemented in a balanced and realistic way.

I’m thinking mounted flamethrower on left shoulder for close to medium AOE. Plasma rifle for high single target damage with high armor penetration at long range. Or a laser pistol in one hand, and a blade for a hand in the other.

Could even make it fully invasion style as in - you enslave human settlements which grants you resources. Like a lumber mill here, a mining camp there etc. I’ll stop there I could keep going for hours if not.