I spent like 4-5 hours doing shattered realm and my game froze :(

i wanted to unlock the next waystone level so i used a 30 thing and spent like 5 hours grinding up to 43 and then my game crashed when i went to proceed, im not sure if i want to continue living

Edit: i thought i had to get to 50 to unlock the next waystone. i see now that its not the case

3 Likes

This! Happened to our team many times. Actually, one person uninstalled his game and rage quit. But don’t get discouraged. Just do 5 levels each time to save the checkpoints. You will eventually unlock it.

i didn’t know you could save checkpoints how does that work?

You probably used a Resonating Waystone which allowed you to start at 30. If you made it to 43 you can buy a Haunted Waystone and can start at 40.

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/The_Shattered_Realm

i had to force close the game so i didnt get any loot

Yeah, I see you crashed which happened to me more than I like, so from now on I do like Contragor said and do 5 at a time.

im gonna do the same lol

Still happening. Though I couldn’t even manage five shards before it crapped out on me.

Anybody know if it’s being actively worked on?

Software crashes. Be mindful of save mechanics if the software is unstable on your hardware.

You can unlock the way stones in any difficulty level. In Normal, a decent noob build should take 30 min to grind each waystone. Be extra careful in boss chunks past 60.

Cheers.

It also happened to me after doing some 30+ continuous SR levels.

Funny thing was, after sending the crash dump to Crate and logging back in, my char profile got marked on the SR progression so I only lost a maximum of 4 “!=/5” SR levels. I could unlock all other Waystones from the Armourer.