I think its time we organize this forum better

Like TQ forums I think its time GD creates forums based on classes.
The “builds” is getting quite messy with all classes there togheter
Its hell to find anything you want over there, questions, builds, rants for all classes are over in one place. Lets break it down like the good old titanquest.net

there is the build compendium, but i dunno how updated it is.

i agree that class forums would be nice.

the compendium is updated (forum users who send me a PM or a comment on the compendium thread for their build, will be added to it)

that is a very low number of builds, just by a quick look at the first 10 pages I would say the compendium has ~20% of the builds

Given that the first 10 pages contains at most 200 builds, and the compendium has 72, and that not every single post in this subforum is a build post, I think your math is a little off.

regardless of the exact number, its still quite low, there is absolutely no reason to not do it, except how much time it would take to create the subforums

I think its a great idea.

The first time I came to this forum (years ago) I was surprised they didnt have it, but you know, it was very early in development, we had only 3 classes to play with and there was no actual builds since the level cap was like 15.

I dont know why it hasnt been done, the game is fairly popular and it will be around for years to come (at least I expect it do be)

It should be pretty easy to create individual threads for each class and put all the builds there but I don’t see the point cause it’ll just overpopulate the main thread.

Dikkiedik let me know if you are planning to do it. I can help/maintain some of it.

Earlier this year I created Link catalog for character builds, masteries and skills, which should mitigate the issue … provided authors tagged their threads accordingly. However, readers can also add tags, if they are missing.

already updated it with the last builds that people have PM’ed me

and also if I would add all my builds to the compendium that would be another 30+ even more builds to it. but not gonna do that

The titanquest.net forum wasn’t organized, because the sub-forums were based on masteries (Defense, Hunting ,…), not on classes, and people very rarely play single masteries. If I have a Paladin build (Defense+Storm), should I post it at the Defense forum, Storm forum or the main masteries forum? The only good of that was if had a question about some skill like Colossus Form, because that would go to the Defense forum without doubt.

Even if we had 1 sub-forum for each class here, good luck finding what you want in 21 sub-forums (6 single masteries + 15 double masteries).

The compendium is the best solution for now.

What this forum has wrong is having both “Gameplay Discussion” and “General Discussion” sub-forums. They are almost the same thing.
Also, “News and Update Info” should be at Grim Dawn Developer Section, not Grim Dawn Gameplay.

I disagree with you, even if gd forums wouldnt make 1 subforum per combination and only 1 per class it would be better than what is now. I personally dont like the compendium but there is no reason why we shouldnt have both

Enviado de meu XT1033 usando Tapatalk