[Idea] Add Exclusive skill to sets

Ok, first of all it might be a crazy idea, but think of it deeper, some classes (such as Commando, Saboteur… ) are weaker because they dont have one (Saboteur), or their exclusive skill dont match their main dmg type, and there is no other option. For example, Templar players mostly have to chose Divine mandate because the other three are not suitable. One mastery chosen as main and one support, but they often dont go along very well. Many mods had to use to make one conflict-build viable (eg Saboteur). So what if a set has ES which replaces the previous one and add more options?
Sets with exclusive skills open more crazy minds with diversity builds.
2-3 sets are fine for these falling behind.

3 Likes

I’d say this partly stems from Reckless Power being underwhelming.

But I like the current exclusive skill system, since it’s an important part of planning your build and mastery choice. The only exception for me are pets, where the options are severely limited, and I think this is simple to fix.

Item-granted exclusives would probably just reduce build diversity, as they would perhaps be pressured to use those sets because of them.

A much more elegant solution are item modifiers like the ones on Radaggan’s set for AoC and Sunherald’s Claymore for Menhir’s Bulwark.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.