[Idea] Chillheart's Ring of Steel mod needs to be reworked

Hi there,

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

While being an amazing offensive weapon that enables fun and powerful builds Chillheart sword has one (very) sore spot. And it’s its Ring of Steel mod. It’s pretty useless. First of all, there is a Korba set that supports cold Ring of Steel and does it MUCH better. Than there is a problem of added cd, if you build around two of these swords your total CDR will be whopping 6 seconds, which is completely useless in today’s endgame. 6 seconds cooldown Nuke should have like obscene damage not to be useless, and Ring of Steel with two Chillhearts is not even close to that.

So, what do you think?

• Yes, this mod is bad, please change it
    • No, it’s good as it is

0 voters

P.S. Courtesy of @John_Smith

4 Likes

Try 2 daggers on NB’s RoS was my biggest mistake in GD
It must be changed

What about making it aimed more at Frostburn Ring of Steel? Some ideas in mind would be:

• Add flat Frostburn damage to it.
  • Add Frostburn duration to it.
  • Add a modifier for Frostburn damage to Ring of Steel. Something like “480 Frostburn damage over 3 seconds to Ring of Steel”. It could also pair well with this amulet.
6 Likes

This is the correct solution.

Bleed RoS w/ 2x Chillhearts won’t set new Crucible records, but it is the best RoS implementation with Chillheart that I’ve seen. The only shame is that Bleed can’t be converted to anything (e.g., Cold).

I read that 6 times before I understood what you meant. So someone used “damage modified by 40%” to boost a Bloodrager Trickster or something. Interesting. Doubt it’s better than natural Bleed weapon, but interesting.

But yeah, Frostburn mod or added radius or added anything is better than 1,5 seconds cd mod.

Or you could just drop the skill mod entirely. It’s honestly just bad.

And I don’t mean michael jackson bad.

Just… B. A. D.

@ceno - wouldn’t you be better off using korba set for bleed RoS?

Better off was never the question.

Mod is bad but Chillhearts aren’t about that mod. Nor are they about EoR.

I wanna love that amulet but… for Chillhearts melee blue Beronath is better. For RoH Starfury Emerald is better. And as op stated, RoS with Chillhearts is always gonna be meh because cooldown addition to nukes is always gonna be meh. Can’t main a nuke like that.

As john_smith pointed out:

I thought at beginning it’s - CDR. Wonderful feeling to see RoS at 6 seconds, wonder why I sucked at making builds. :smile:

I am not sure how you can exploit fully the damage modifier but if you plan to use Chillhearts, then RoS is basically useless. It’s not even that big of a nuke and you have better ways to utilize this skill. For example I am testing full Korba with 26/16 RoS.

1 Like

Is ti a breaker?

I didn’t like my Breaker tests. So decided to slightly tweak my Korba Trickster. Build feel glassier than last patch. But going with Savagery, WPS and RoS as low CD nuke is working magic in damage department.

You might want to check out superfluff’s build from back in AoM. Maybe it’ll give you some ideas. IIRC, he did a similar concept.

If you’re trying to do a flat damage attacker or caster with it? Sure, Beronath or Starfury might be better. But that was not what I had in mind. I was actually talking about a DoT build which benefits greatly from what Nightstalker offers (OA, duration, DoT damage/crit damage to 1-2 core sources etc.).

Damn, what geniuses voted FOR the current mod, smh

I tested that amulet. It’s great. Starfury gives max dmg on the Rune but no +1 to all is a biggie. The only problem is Nightstalker gives no useful resistances, and few infiltrators can afford that. This is the main reason I’m using blue Beronath on melee/rune hybrid.

Anyway, back to the op topic, cooldown is also important on DoT nukes. I can’t think how Chillhearts RoS build can ever be good.