Idea for Expansion and additional Class

I just had an idea for a new expansion and a class.

Make a Tinkerer class that focuses on mechanical things, upgrades and guns. He can place cannons, traps or mines or little robots as pets.

For the new area you could make something revolving around machines. Maybe ancient and mysterious machines or something similar to the broken tanks north of Fort Ikon.

I dont know if it fits the whole game theme but I just thought about what the theme of another class could be, that is not yet in the game.

A mechanical-themed class has been thought up by others over the years (I vaguely even recall seeing a mod for it at one point). However, even though you didn’t specifically bring it up, it’s been said that anything steampunk-related has no place in Grim Dawn’s lore as of current so a mechanical-themed class would have to be meticulously designed to not cross into that sort of area and not be redundant because well, Demolitionist also embodies a lot of that as of now with skills like Mortar Trap, Thermite Mines, Grenado and Canister Bomb.

That said though, it is incredibly unlikely at this point that we will see another expansion and as we won’t see another expansion, we won’t see another mastery as smaller yet significant content-based DLCs would splinter the player base down more and more as is the situation now where someone that does not own Forgotten Gods cannot play with someone that does for example.

My personal opinion is that if another mastery were added (not that I think one will happen as explained above) that it should be something that is already established in some way. Inquisitor, Necromancer and to a lesser extent Oathkeeper were already solidly represented in the game long before they were released in one way or another with Creed, the Order of Death’s Vigil and various fanatics/worshippers here and there for Oathkeepers (like Kymon’s Chosen in a way).

A Bloodsworn mastery built around Bleeding, Chaos, Pets or the theme that Hungering Void/Blood Orb of Ch’thon/Sacrifice etc. set of trading life for power could be interesting but would require care that it’s not too similar to/overly compared to Occultist.

3 Likes

Occultist is already a Bloodsworn basically, so trying to make a bleed, chaos and pets mastery without overlapping with Occultist would be next to impossible.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.