I'm just gonna say "fuck it" and make a pet + player hybrid and see how far I make it. And for some fun a give-away competition

Gargabol is that chtonian boss before Ulgrim right?

No, he’s from Ancient Grove. He drops very good rings for Physical/Fire builds.

He is that one boss that is actually difficult.

Ah I remember! That was my first really close call to dying. I went in there not knowing anything about the place trying to facetank him with my dw aether reaper in elite. My butt still hasn’t unclenched from that.

Meanwhile… I want a Gargabol Pet and then bind Fissure devo proc to it for even more fissures :drooling_face:

1 Like

Hey Maya… I was going to post a feedback post that hellhound and skeletons having to share a set is BS. Then I saw you actually made a post about this in the past. And the official response was “tough luck”. I’m so sad now :frowning:

Basically… if I want 2xHellhound. With the build I’m playing. I’m gonna end up with a bunch of useless crap -.- Like skeleton modifiers and such.

I’m just trying to understand why the skeleton set wasn’t made for a defiler or something. We also have Korvaak’s burning blade being better for every class combo than its intended use (flame touched skeletons). The skeleton - hound situation and korvaak’s blade here. I mean… why did they package skeletons and hounds together it makes no sense.

1 Like

Tbh, the entire situation with Lost Souls set is… weird :frowning:

Not only is it the only Pet set that is for 2 different pets, but also blocks a good number of potentially interesting build varieties for these pets by taking up crucial item slots.

It used to be even worse before when it had forced conversion for Hellhounds. So if you wanted 2 Hounds, your only option was to go Vitality. Thankfully that was changed atleast.

1 Like

At one point Lost Souls also used to have Blight Fiend bonuses (but not modifiers) to it as well. A lot of sets have historically started out as unfocused and over time and with feedback changed for the better. Like Dagallon, Dagallon literally went through an identity crisis for awhile after Ashes of Malmouth’s release.

I think it makes sense for Lost Souls to be the Skeleton set. Raise Skeletons naturally is weighted to Vitality damage with all 4 of the Skeleton types dealing it as a base and Revenants dealing some more. It’s also on Will of the Crypt as well.

If it were possible, i would have preferred a set for Fire pets be added in and Hellhound support added. Instead what we’ve been given is a collection of items that try to fill that void like Korvaak’s Burning-Blade, Chosen Visage, Sovereign Ruby of Dominaiton/the Raise Skeletons Conduit and the best out of these - Ring of Khonsar. A couple of notable items like Dracarris, Wyrmclaw and Primal Instinct existed in vanilla and saw use back then whereas Khonsar and the items listed before it were added in the expansions to try and expand the archetype outwards in new ways.

1 Like

I see. So it was actually much worse. Still, I find it strange that with so many set items in GD - they didn’t bother to make a fire based set dedicated to such an iconic pet like the Hellhound. If it’s a money and time issue I’d be willing to chip in for one of the devs to make one in their spare time if one is willing. If it’s somehow a balance issue there’s not much to be done though I guess.

My vote is for a Blight Fiend spammer… Havent seen one in action yet…

Read your responses to this and wanted to offer sympathies for the difficulties you’re having. Also, I don’t care if you left your computer on, that’s still seriously impressive. :smiley:

If you’re doing all content, then I’ll say

As to guess.

1. Level 74
  2. Elite
  3. Kymon in Forgotten Gods.

Also, I picked Hellhound becuase with a challenge like this you should run around screaming:

CRY HAVOC AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR!

Bonus points if you actually equip a Havoc. :smiley:

1 Like