Immigration bug?

Not sure if I did something wrong or missed something but I had a whole town die out. I usually play on pacifist mode but decided I wanted a challenge, so I started a new settlement without it. I’m not sure if it was trailblazer or pioneer for the raiders portion but they came around the seventh year. I was expecting the villagers to have to fight so I started off building lots of houses and food production buildings to encourage immigration but after the first wave they stopped coming and everything got really difficult. I had enough houses for 90 people and maintained enough food reserves for 10+ months but no new villagers came and birth rates were like one a year. The villagers held on for a while but I wasn’t able to get the population to 30 in order to upgrade the town center so I couldn’t build a healer’s house. Wolves and bears started attacking, villagers kept getting sick or injured and dying, and the working population dwindled. At the seventh year there were barely any adults remaining and there were bodies everywhere because all the available workers were focused on food production and there was no one to mine stone and build a cemetery. Even with that the few villagers I had started starving because the lack of workers. Then the raiders came and killed the few of them off. After that I started a few new settlements, but the immigration issue continued no matter what until I deleted the game and redownloaded it.

I had something like this on my save but a reload of the save file fixed it.

I have had this bug since the update. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, 5 new maps with different specs, no migration after the initial 18 and I’ve played through a few times so know the requirements for immigration.

Have you tried deleting the saved files before re-installing? Including from the recycle bin?

What initial 18 are you referring to? There is no 18 villager immigration event in the early game.

I mean when you get your first influx which takes your total to 18. There is nothing past those first additions.

I’ve just opened a v0.80 map, done a re-roll and exactly the same gameplay has got me the “requirements led immigration” by early winter year 1. (Had to find some difference in play as I’m a requirements analyst during the day, it was driving me crazy getting to year 4 or 5 with nothing)

Ignore me still no immigration on 0.80 re-rolled, I got over-exited by the first lot, I think I need some sleep.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.