In the era of best-in-slot monster infrequents, crafting is a must-have

I dont see any harm from crafting implementation. Real crafting, not curent BS gambling system.
As for costs - let say for recrafting you need 50 MI shoulders/pants/stuff and a bunch of rare materials? BTW 50 pants would fill half of your stash tab>_>

While I agree to a point, the game is balanced around the gambling/randomness. Creating a system with targeted crafting of affixes could make it far and away the better option over playing the odds. At most, I would suggest adding ways to weight the results toward a set of affixes.

Isnt crafting roll also random? you arent garenteed to roll the best, the only thing is that you can farm mats everywhere instead of a single mob to craft your gear.

Obviously higher rolls will be rarer and difficult to achieve, but at least you dont have to farm a single mob over and over. Adds variety into the game.

Yes, a random roll of a single affix is what I was suggesting. The previous guy suggested outright crafting the item you want, which I think would be VERY difficult to balance (i.e., not worth it). Only way I could see it working is if the crafting cost were multiplied by the expected number of attempts needed plus 5% extra or something. Otherwise, it would be a plainly-superior option.