Increase the duration of WOR, BOD and PB

If one of you wanders off the topic, can the other(s) help him to get back and not open additional battle grounds? TYVM :kissing_cat:

OMG a forum drama without me! No way.

I read all and my reply is gonna be simple and short this time;

The purpose of those skills are this; they heal you when you refresh them and they give you good buffs, I mean they are really better than almost all permanent buffs. So it’s not easy; hell yeah, for the benefit they provide, you should be practicing in your sleep about timing on those skills.

Also their difference from perma-buffs kinda adds variety to the game. I guess you want to play simple? There are simple builds. But just because you want that, the whole game should be simplified for you? People already made tools for that, use those, use those better, try different builds and get over it. Your point is not about QoL because there are already lots of QoLs in this game and these buffs meant to challenge players, try a build uses two of them at the same time. There are skills I don’t like, I try to avoid them; you do the same thing and enjoy the rest; or try a different game mate.

Anyway, this was a short text in my book… :rofl:

No way I would play some kite WH if PB and BoD was permanent and gave no heal :stuck_out_tongue:
And speaking of pets, BoD heals the pets too - one of the many reasons why occultist is THE pet mastery imo

No wall of text? I am disappointed

1 Like

i’ve made an edit to the original post in order to explain my points more thoroughly, since a lot of people seem to be missing it…

There are keybindings, shortcuts, tools you know and the rest is piloting skills. Also I don’t use but as far as I know GI shows buff durations and other skill cooldowns on screen to make thing easier for players.

You’re trying to change the 4 y/o game instead of adapting yourself into fundamental features of the game. And clearly Devs wanted something challenging while creating things like these buffs so you should accept the fact that nothing gonna change in your favour since these requests are not about balance issues or you don’t offer anything that improve the game experience rather than making it dull and ordinary.

And apparently you gonna be stubborn about it so I won’t indulge you more.

Edit: To not be misunderstood. You have right to make suggestions, propose new features etc. People ofc will argue about it, devs maybe listen or won’t is up to them. I don’t mean any offence. I just think you’re doing same mistake I did when I was a beginner on the Wind Devil topic. I and a lot of other people also supported that Wind Devils should be permanent just for QoL, but it didn’t happen. And I still don’t like them, but I understand the purpose of recasting them now.

There was a similar discussion about recasting Wind Devil… yes, it’s a different kind of skill, but still:

So, if WOR, BOD and PB result in too much micromanagement, the practical way is to choose only one of the related masteries and combine it with a more lazy mastery.

1 Like

On that token it is worth highlighting that people do not need to post feedback and ideas publicly (which often does, unavoidably, lead to heated arguments). You can actually post your thoughts directly to Crate and skip the bullshit.

Just go here:
https://forums.crateentertainment.com/g/Crate_Employee/activity/posts

…and click this button:

You have now cut out pointless bickering and if you’re lucky you might even get a direct response from the horse’s mouth on how they feel about your “ideas” or if they even agree with you etc. Of course, it’s equally possible they may respond in your public thread too, but I’d wager the chances are higher in a private message thread. Especially if you are courteous in how you handle it and if you can offer well-thought out arguments to help your cause.

You should keep this information to yourself for the sake of mental health of Crate employees. If public realize this, they may start to send messages like ‘‘pls change this’’, ‘‘pls do that’’, ‘‘pls give this’’ , ‘‘pls nerf that’’ , ‘‘pls buff that’’ and devs either ignore them or lose their sanity while trying to kindly refuse them. There shouldn’t be a one-wish-grant hotline. Posting feedback threads publicly have it’s own purpose since it also shows the reactions of other players and provides devs opportunity to observe all those things.

:smile:

Zantai’s a swell fella, for sure… but I have nothing against sending virtual headaches his way :scorv:

Besides, that’s what it’s there for.

1 Like

I’m not good at idioms or slang so that’s how I picture :zantai: now:

4 Likes

Works for me. I can run with it.

1 Like

I wonder if you keep messaging with proper attitude in every week or so consistently for a few years like in Shawshank Redemption, would Z give anything you want just to shut you up :rofl: Or you get banned because harrasment after a month :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, if he couldn’t ban you for being a dick but he still found you generally annoying… I’m guessing he’d just flat-out ignore anything you send.

1 Like

The old forum had a No Reply section in it where people could post suggestions/ideas/feedback that only the devs could see which served the same function at the Message button powbam pointed out. When Crate moved the forum they decided to do away with that section of the forum and give the option to message them privately instead. If they didn’t want people to use these options they simply wouldn’t have provided the means to do so in the first place.

I don’t think it matters what happens as long as crate finds a way to change recasting every 30 secs just for a buff refresh. To me that’s the only issue.

Some other guy put out a suggestion [Suggestion] Adding permanent Aura Transmuters to temporary Buffs/Heals (BoD, PB, WoR) with the same reason.
Guess you guys are just being lazy :wink:
But I like this idea too :rofl:

Nar, far from it at least from my perspective. It just feels like a silly mechanic to press a button only to refresh a buff every 30 secs. Laziness isn’t a factor

You press buttons every few seconds for offensive skills in a fight so to a lot of us, having one of those be a key for a buff/heal isn’t a bother. For example, here’s the skill bar for one of my characters:

bloodofdreeg
It’s even easier for me to rotate around or use Blood of Dreeg here since all I have to do is scroll my mouse wheel up which I can do at a moment’s notice whether it’s running around or in the middle of a fight.

Some of my other characters I have 2 buffing/heal skills to rotate around which is still manageable since I’m used to working with up to 5-6 skills on my keyboard like in the above skill bar or again, I just set both to my mouse keys if I don’t need anything else important on those.

I guess it’s a difference of opinion and what some of us find easy or are used to is harder for you guys :man_shrugging:

If your fitting it into a rotation than doesn’t that mean your neglecting the heal for the most part?

Theres no need to demean us that oppose spamming BOD. It’s got nothing to do with easy or hard, its about how pointless the buff refresh in itself feels.

No, i still use the heal reactively in the same way Norzan has explained above. I see an attack has knocked off about 30% or a chunk of my health? My first instinctive thought is to use Blood of Dreeg if it’s not immediately healed off and the skill isn’t on cooldown, sometimes I’ll even wait and leave the skill at the ready for that emergency heal.

But otherwise, I’ll occasionally glance back at it and use it if the buff is about to expire in-between my offensive skills.

I didn’t mean to demean any of you, if that’s how it was taken, my apologies.

I personally feel the buff and refreshing it are important for that very reason. All of them offer incredibly powerful offensive or defensive bonuses that you won’t find easily on a toggle ability in exchange for managing them. Those bonuses are the reason you want to continue to keep them active and why you remember they exist, else you can risk dying in some cases.

Pneumatic Burst is also special as with the transmuter, it becomes a frequent mini-heal that can be used every 5 seconds at the most.

1 Like