Increase the duration of WOR, BOD and PB

I don’t see how it’s silly at all, provided the skill recharge is the same you have your active heal right there. Heck I’d even go for a 1 hour buff duration. It makes no difference, i’m sure you’ll recast the skill during that time for the heal anyway.

The point I hope we’re trying to get across is it feels pointless spamming the skill just to keep the buff active.

1 Like

You don’t have to convince me, what I think is going to matter for squat in the end. It’s Crate/Zantai you have to convince. Seeing as how we are 4 years post-release and then consider the fact that they’ve considered such options long before you ever came along (you might think you are blowing their minds with some new-fangled idea - but, you’re not) and well… you can kinda see where this road is headed. If they were interested in changing these skills significantly, it would have happened long before this point.

I wouldn’t straight out say, “Never gunna happen”, as Crate has done 180’s on various things over the years. Just from where I’m sitting it’s looking highly unlikely and you’re better off pursuing other methods to get the game you want.

You don’t get a permanent buff with the healing, btw, you get a buff that is not permanent unless you keep it up.

1 Like

Something that hasn’t been mentioned either are several modifiers currently exist within the game for these skills that increase the duration:

Blood of Dreeg

Pneumatic Burst

Word of Renewal

Like powbam mentioned above, I don’t believe there’s ever been direct dev comment on the current topic over the years even though there have people vehemently arguing for and against it like in this thread.

My gut feeling then even though there’s no evidence to say otherwise is that the above item changes are their way of compromising with both sides as well as any community-made ways of modding in longer duration or automating it for people that really want it.

2 Likes

took them a while to remove partial components and add auto-looting for them, so i fail to see the point of responses like these to a topic asking for QOL changes…

2 Likes

Plenty of times the heal saved my ass, so quite often. Raising it to 10 minutes would remove the entire point of management since you no longer need to manage it. There’s no longer “do i save the heal until the last possible second before i refresh it or do i just recast it now because i’m confident that my health will not drop to low levels?”. That 15 seconds gap makes all the difference.

Except this isn’t QoL, this is changing the entire point of a set of specific skills. Far more game changing than auto looting components.

powbam is right to some extent though. You need to make a particularly convincing case to Crate/Zantai on why they should change how these skills work as of now - keep in mind as well that some of the changes or major feature additions they have made in the past have shown they prefer promoting active skill play and less passive or lazy play. What you’ve said now isn’t anything that hasn’t been said before.

if the damage burst happens less than 30 seconds apart from one another, the buff will be refreshed anyway. if you’re taking significant damage in-between the damage bursts you’d use the heal to top-off your health which would end up refreshing the buff, and if the damage bursts happen more than 30 seconds apart from one another you can safely use your heal to refresh the buff at the 15s mark and have it back available for the next burst

in order for these situations to happen you’d need to fighting a boss that deals insignificant damage outside of the unavoidable damage bursts that will kill your from full HP through the potion and any other defensives you might have. that burst also has to happen at random times so you never know if it’s safe to refresh the buff before the next one happens, and in order for the buff to fall for significant periods of time while possibly not giving you enough time to refresh it in-between the timer for said damage bursts would have to be between 25-40 seconds.

even if encounter like these are worth using a basis for ability design, we’d still have to ask how significant having the buff active or not is for a particular build. Blood of Dreeg, for instance, gives you 12% physical res and 100% poison res with the synergy trait. if those resistances are irrelevant for the encounter in question, having the buff stick on your for another 30 seconds instead of falling off wouldn’t make a difference. WOR gives you movespeed, resistances and damage reductions, and if those aren’t relevant either (since you can’t kite the damage burst and it deals a different damage type than the resistances provided) once again having the buff stick on your for another 30 seconds wouldn’t be relevant.

so in order to get a significant bonus from having the buff on you while also letting it fall off to keep the healing available, on top of all the timing stuff i mentioned earlier, you’d have to build your character around absolutely needing those heals in order to survive while also not having quite enough OA,DA and resistances to comfortably fight that boss with a ~25% downtime on said buffs.

once again, are situations like these common enough to justify designing abilities around it while forsaking a major QOL benefit throughout the rest of the game?

aren’t pet builds some of the “laziest” and strongest in the game?
and once again: how many times did people ask for auto-looting components before they added it?

1 Like

YOU consider it QoL and a benefit. You should drop this part of your argument because it comes across heavily with the implication that everyone else must feel as you do… and I can assure you that is nowhere near the case.

2 Likes

Yes, it will be refreshed, but for two completely different reasons. It’s either refreshed to save you from possible death by healing you, or it’s refreshed for you to keep the stats of the skill active all the time. That’s the entire point of managing the skill.

The major thing that will happen if these buffs get way more time or become permanent is that they will get massively nerfed. Put these buffs next to stuff like Flame Touched and Field Command and suddently they become way too good, which become even better because they have burst healing. You have stats like at minimum 12% physical resistance that can apply to all builds. This isn’t Dual Blades that only apply to DW builds.

Sacrificing stats on these buffs just because some people don’t like to press a button every 30 seconds is a complete waste to me.

1 Like

Depends how you build them. The pet builds I make are very active taking up the entire skillbar, some other pet builders like sigatrev or duskdeep also make active pet builds in contrast to lazier ones made by Maya.

That said, there are some builds or aspects of lazy design here and there like Veil of Shadow or Aura of Censure as there is some appeal for them and auramancer characters but what I said in particular is:

but if you’re refreshing the buff while healing yourself there’s no management involved. in order for there to be a buff management, like i said, the damage bursts have to be further than 30 seconds apart so that the buff falls off while also being closer than 30 seconds apart so that the heal isn’t back off cooldown if you use it to refresh the buff…

1 Like

having them permanent but have the healing still there would mean that I get another healing potion that I can use whenever I want with ~15s cooldown instead of now a ~15s “window”. Seems OP

Anyway, there are mods and tools for this, which can autocast BoD etc for you on cooldown. If you are just after the buff to be permanent that is.

so you can make builds that actively use the heal every 15s while other people make builds where they mainly care about the resistances and stat buffs that are refreshed every now and then without having to download mods to keep track of their short duration…

1 Like

you already get a permanent buff with your second health potion unless you’re using said health potion less often than 30 seconds apart while simultaneously needing it available more often than 30 seconds apart without actually using it within said 30 seconds

There were mods for auto-looting components, showing enemy health bars and choosing crucible arenas before the devs added those options into the game

1 Like

I think you are missing my point, having infinite duration on say BoD means I get a second health potion with ~15s cooldown. Or are you suggesting that the healing part of these buffs should be removed? By suggesting “let’s give these buffs higher duration because I am too lazy pushing buttons” we need to investigate and evaluate how ppl can abuse these things. At least now I have to use BoD as a heal strategic in combat, because I have a ~15s window

The items that give longer duration to say BoD are very good because they stretches that window where you can use it as a 2nd heal pot. These longer durations are not QoL ones (like the ones that gives longer duration to Wind Devils).

WoR has a transmuter called “word of arms” that shortens the cooldown which means you get a longer window for where you can use WoR as a 2nd heal pot.

There are also mods for higher drop chances, mods where you can create your characters and items. Should these features be added into the game too? :stuck_out_tongue:

and you’re missing my point that you already have a second health potion you can use whenever you need while keeping said buff 100% of the time…

having to press another button every 30 seconds is nowhere near my issue with those skills, or i wouldn’t be playing an action game to begin with. it’s the fact that the buff bar is so small and cluttered that it makes it a hassle to keep track of those buffs without using one or more third party softwares, and as far as i’m aware increasing the duration of a buff is way easier to do than redesigning the buff UI.

if that’s the idea you got from my post i recommend taking some reading comprehension lessons :kissing_heart:

Second health potion. You mean the red one? That one has cooldown too. Just so you know it is nice with options. I have had my ass saved many times by using BOD, WOR and PB when red regular pot was on cooldown.

tell you what: if you can find me a few videos of people doing SR/crucible on appropriate difficulties for their characters where the buffs from BOD WOR and PB fall off for significant periods of time i’ll recognize my error in treating those buffs as having permanent uptime. I’m fully aware that i might be the one in the wrong here, and if that’s the case i’d definitely like to know. however, if in the overwhelming majority of the videos you find (by which i mean 75% or more) those buffs have 100% uptime throughout the fight (or they fall off for short periods of time during intermissions) you won’t make another reply arguing against the original suggestion from this thread.

No way I am gonna scavenge the internet for you. Haven’t there been several people here already telling you that the heal is useful? Or should i take reading comprehension lessons? Can you recommend me a course?